Have you ever had Night Paralysis?

slave to zep

What's that old saying, "Perception is reality." I'm not sure I believe that sentient beings from another planet abduct humans and insert implants in their bodies. However, I do believe that many things occur in the world that current science can't adequately explain. I also believe that many (most?) people who claim that aliens abducted them believe what they're saying and they're not all crazy either. Something happened to them that they perceived as an alien abduction. There maybe a logical explanation for these experiences but since most people write them off as lunatic fantasies, the medical community hasn't bothered to look into it.

Mithril46 made a good point when he/she wrote that some people are lightning rods for supernatural forces. Some people are tone deaf while others have perfect pitch. Most people can tolerate gluten but some people can't. Why shouldn't an affinity for supernatural forces work the same way?

I agree, I don't believe in aliens visiting this planet from the abduction descriptions. I mean why would aliens even look remotely like people? Our whole body plan comes from us evolving from fish. What is to say an alien should have done so too? I do believe though people have the experiences, many descriptions seem to have common factors. One thing that has been part of it all for me is people I meet through the most mundane and ordinary social interactions seem to open up to me and discuss some very strange things. Some of it seems like it must be fantasy, much of it I struggle to believe or relate to. Some of it frankly scares me. But then I think back to my childhood experiences and think the stuff they say is not any more unbelievable, so perhaps the people that talk to me are totally sincere. I think myself the aliens belong in a different realm of reality-rather than distant planets.

I agree, I don't believe in aliens visiting this planet from the abduction descriptions. I mean why would aliens even look remotely like people? Our whole body plan comes from us evolving from fish. What is to say an alien should have done so too? I do believe though people have the experiences, many descriptions seem to have common factors. One thing that has been part of it all for me is people I meet through the most mundane and ordinary social interactions seem to open up to me and discuss some very strange things. Some of it seems like it must be fantasy, much of it I struggle to believe or relate to. Some of it frankly scares me. But then I think back to my childhood experiences and think the stuff they say is not any more unbelievable, so perhaps the people that talk to me are totally sincere. I think myself the aliens belong in a different realm of reality-rather than distant planets.

Thank you for telling us about your experieces. I for one am very interested :)

Why would aliens look like us? Well, I guess they might for two reasons - some believe we are the product of their interactions with us from waaay back, so they would have to be a bit like us if that is true.

Also, some believe that the way we look the way we do is because it is a good model, so maybe it works on other places, not just earth.

Who knows?

I am open to lots of things :)

Thank you for telling us about your experieces. I for one am very interested :)

Why would aliens look like us? Well, I guess they might for two reasons - some believe we are the product of their interactions with us from waaay back, so they would have to be a bit like us if that is true.

Also, some believe that the way we look the way we do is because it is a good model, so maybe it works on other places, not just earth.

Who knows?

I am open to lots of things :)

I guess I struggle with the whole concept of travelling such vast distances - but then I had a formal education in 'rational' thought. Always been at odds with the 'other' stuff in my life! It was not all that long ago though that the scientists and engineers pronounced that power flight was an impossible dream. They got that totally wrong.

It could be that it is from earlier interactions. The more I looked into, the more I realised all this stuff goes way back to the beginning of human existence. It crops up over and over in different guises in apparently isolated civilisations throughout time.

I guess I struggle with the whole concept of travelling such vast distances - but then I had a formal education in 'rational' thought. Always been at odds with the 'other' stuff in my life! It was not all that long ago though that the scientists and engineers pronounced that power flight was an impossible dream. They got that totally wrong.

It could be that it is from earlier interactions. The more I looked into, the more I realised all this stuff goes way back to the beginning of human existence. It crops up over and over in different guises in apparently isolated civilisations throughout time.

the problem of travelling the vast distances is probably not a problem at all to beings that are thousands/millions of years ahead of us.... :)

the problem of travelling the vast distances is probably not a problem at all to beings that are thousands/millions of years ahead of us.... :)

Or even us in the future, which is one theory to explain why they look kind of similar to us. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I really dig sleep paralysis... For me it use to occur when I was younger. Euphoria wrapped in fear is the best way to describe my ventures with this... Apsolute terror woven with threads of bliss. Sadly , as soon as I started exploring Psychedelics it stopped.. The closest thing I've come to it was trying Salvia divinorum...I felt the presence, and heard her voice clearly in my left ear...never will go there again...lol

I really dig sleep paralysis... For me it use to occur when I was younger. Euphoria wrapped in fear is the best way to describe my ventures with this... Apsolute terror woven with threads of bliss. Sadly , as soon as I started exploring Psychedelics it stopped.. The closest thing I've come to it was trying Salvia divinorum...I felt the presence, and heard her voice clearly in my left ear...never will go there again...lol

I have no idea what that is ...

Salvia is a Hallucinogen - like mushrooms, but green leaves of a plant from Mexico. I believe the Meztecs or Aztecs used it, under guidance from witch doctor types. I've never tried it, but read others say it shouldn't be used casually.

Not sure about what Zepscoda is saying about psychedelics enhancing or blocking these nightmares/encounters? Personally, my bad dreams and worries went away once I started heavy drinking/smoking pot over 3 decades ago. I used to see ugly gnomes moving about the bedroom floor, before that...

Salvia is a Hallucinogen - like mushrooms, but green leaves of a plant from Mexico. I believe the Meztecs or Aztecs used it, under guidance from witch doctor types. I've never tried it, but read others say it shouldn't be used casually.

Not sure about what Zepscoda is saying about psychedelics enhancing or blocking these nightmares/encounters? Personally, my bad dreams and worries went away once I started heavy drinking/smoking pot over 3 decades ago. I used to see ugly gnomes moving about the bedroom floor, before that...

I have heard of Ayahuasca. .. is that similar? Graham Hancock talks about his experiences with it.... not something I would like to try!

Ugly gnomes on your bedroom floor? ?? Oooh sounds creeeeepy!

^I have come to the conclusion that the ugly gnomes were my mind recreating the boogie man cave scene from "March of the Wooden Soldiers", my favorite childhood movie. There was no Youtube, or even videos for me to enjoy it more than once a year, back then - so my subconscious provided it. They were scary, yet enchanting, and did not threaten me.

You see Type O experience being threatened by a gunman, and his other postings reveal he is fascinated by action movies of the same theme...

^I have come to the conclusion that the ugly gnomes were my mind recreating the boogie man cave scene from "March of the Wooden Soldiers", my favorite childhood movie. There was no Youtube, or even videos for me to enjoy it more than once a year, back then - so my subconscious provided it. They were scary, yet enchanting, and did not threaten me.

You see Type O experience being threatened by a gunman, and his other postings reveal he is fascinated by action movies of the same theme...

LOL, great observation!

I do, indeed, enjoy action and violence movies (to a degree, certainly not unnecessarily gratuitous violence, but definitely when it fits within the context of the movie), which I have, at times, wondered similarly if there was a relationship to the types of dreams I had.

I have also noticed fundamental principles I don't violate in my dreams are the same as I obey in waking life.

In other words, I don't do things in my dreams that I wouldn't normally do or be willing to do.

I had a few experiences of sleep paralysis/night terrors when I was a young lass, 14 and 15 years old. It was terrifying, it felt like a possession or assault. I think it's due to stress? I also started getting panic attacks at 15, that's from accumulated stress too.

Ahh life and how it can suck...

Are you referring to Salvia divinorum, a.k.a. "Diviner's Sage"? Interestingly enough, it is from the same plant genus as culinary sage, Salvia officinalis.

I have heard of Ayahuasca. .. is that similar? Graham Hancock talks about his experiences with it.... not something I would like to try!

Ugly gnomes on your bedroom floor? ?? Oooh sounds creeeeepy!

Its really strong and only lasts 20 min tops, but all your sence of time is lost during the experience. I forced myself out of it, or did my best to. Much like sleep paralysis, you 100% aware of what's going on, with very little control.

Evidently, there are numerous species of Salvia, used as ornamental plants, medicines, and hallucinogens. None are illegal. Now I wonder if the group "New Riders of the Purple Sage" came up with their name in reference to tripping (they were closely associated with the Grateful Dead), or just a reference to an old Western themed book?

I have had some experience of sleep paralysis in where I am somewhere in between waking and dreaming. But during this, I feel a presence on top of me, pinning me down (like it is sitting on top of me BUT there is no touching, sound or smell)

During this time, I feel I cannot move or shout and feel totally helpless. I cannot see it though there was one time I thought I "saw" a grey shadow figure walking away, but I have had that horrible feeling of someone/somethings face nearly pressed onto mine an during this, I feel paralyzed.

This horrible feeling was worse during the time I was going through a very very bad patch at my former job (coincidence??) and I had happened again one morning last week (the first in over 2 years and again, I've been very stressed)

I did however watched this documentry last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmbpOucNVn4

I have had some experience of sleep paralysis in where I am somewhere in between waking and dreaming. But during this, I feel a presence on top of me, pinning me down (like it is sitting on top of me BUT there is no touching, sound or smell)

During this time, I feel I cannot move or shout and feel totally helpless. I cannot see it though there was one time I thought I "saw" a grey shadow figure walking away, but I have had that horrible feeling of someone/somethings face nearly pressed onto mine an during this, I feel paralyzed.

This horrible feeling was worse during the time I was going through a very very bad patch at my former job (coincidence??) and I had happened again one morning last week (the first in over 2 years and again, I've been very stressed)

I did however watched this documentry last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmbpOucNVn4

yeah they do say it is stress related..... hope you don't have any more of them!

My hubby has been dreaming that he can fly lately, total opposite to my paralysis dreams....

yeah they do say it is stress related..... hope you don't have any more of them!

My hubby has been dreaming that he can fly lately, total opposite to my paralysis dreams....

Flying is one of my most commonly-repeated themes of my dreams.

Many times it's just catching updrafts until i get higher and higher.

It seems so real, LOL.

It seems so real, LOL.

Yes, this happens to me as well quite often...I love these dreams! Many times I feel myself floating in my room and then propel myself out of the house through the closed window. I gain altitude and just fly, it is truly beautiful and amazing...my favorite dreams. I also have another reoccurring dream where I am piloting an aircraft and during the flight the plane disintegrates around me but I continue flying...those are pretty cool as well, and trippy.

It seems so real, LOL.

Yeah, he says it feels real too. He really enjoys those dreams.

I would rather be flying than having the paralysis moments.

In fact, wouldn't you say that the flying is perhaps an OOBE?

oh me too! I have never dreamed that I have flown though, perhaps because I am afraid to fly in planes....

oobe, hmmmm maybe!

Yes, this happens to me as well quite often...I love these dreams! Many times I feel myself floating in my room and then propel myself out of the house through the closed window. I gain altitude and just fly, it is truly beautiful and amazing...my favorite dreams. I also have another reoccurring dream where I am piloting an aircraft and during the flight the plane disintegrates around me but I continue flying...those are pretty cool as well, and trippy.

hubby says he can control the flight path by just kind of moving his head or body slightly - no flapping of arms or such. It sounds amazing!

About 10 years ago I started waking up gasping for air. It wasn't a weight issue, but I used to only sleep on my back. Went to the doctor and he wanted to so some overnight test in a clinic for big $$$. I resolved it by learning to sleep on by side with a much thinner pillow.

I can only describe the sensation of waking up gasping for air as feeling like you are at the moment of death.

Archived