Best gig ... Lost date L. A.

Jeff Dischler

Led Zep was the best group live! The Best!  I seem to remember in Los Angeles early '70s they had 1 gig that sold out in less than 1 hour (I missed out 'cause I was in school). They announced that they had 2 free days the next 4 and since L. A. loved the Zep and they loved L.A. they could do 2 more shows. I was at one. Could that be 1972? A friend was at the first gig (the one programmed on the tour) and swore they didn't play the same show! That just figures!

Hmm... That's a tough one. It was at the LA Forum right? Not Long Beach Arena..?

In 1973, Zeppelin hit LA on May 31 on Bonzo's birthday!!! They came back 'Three Days After' and hit LA once again on June 3. I'm 99% sure that's the date you are looking for.

It looks like your memory is pretty hazy, which I am sure most people couldn't remember much of a Zeppelin show 2 days after recovering from the show lol. But if you can remember ANY songs performed that night it would help 100%, but from the description you gave I am sure everyone would agree on June 3, 1973.

Hmm... That's a tough one. It was at the LA Forum right? Not Long Beach Arena..?

In 1973, Zeppelin hit LA on May 31 on Bonzo's birthday!!! They came back 'Three Days After' and hit LA once again on June 3. I'm 99% sure that's the date you are looking for.

It looks like your memory is pretty hazy, which I am sure most people couldn't remember much of a Zeppelin show 2 days after recovering from the show lol. But if you can remember ANY songs performed that night it would help 100%, but from the description you gave I am sure everyone would agree on June 3, 1973.

Was it '71 maybe ?  Think they did 2 shows also.

The OP's probably thinking of 1972. But whether it's 1971, '72, or '73, there are no "Lost L.A." dates. Both August 21 and 22 1971 LA Forum dates were advertised and sold in advance. There was no mystery as to when or where Led Zeppelin were playing. 

The same thing in 1972...all three dates at the Swing Auditorium, LA Forum, and Long Beach Arena were announced, advertised and sold in advance. There was no last-minute additional show.

In 1973, the Forum shows were originally May 30 and May 31. Jimmy's hand injury after the San Diego show necessitated moving the May 30 Forum date to June 3, after the San Francisco Kezar Stadium show. The May 31 Forum show went on as originally scheduled.

Archived