Travel Accommodations

Charles J. White

I can't speak for those locations, but for NYC I've used Airbnb and was very happy with the decision. Stayed in an entire apartment for $150 a night on the Upper West Side right behind the Museum of Natural History. It had all the amenities, including wifi. Zabar's was a walk away, Central Park and the subway even closer. The apartment owner had someone meet me there, explained everything, was prompt in all communications. Perfect.

There have been some horror stories with Airbnb, but if you read the reviews and many people give positive ones, chances are good your stay will be like theirs. Some Airbnb owners will try to 'offer' a less expensive deal off the official site. It goes without saying, never agree to this. You're opening yourself up to a potential scam without any protection. If you go through the proper channels, Airbnb has insurance in place outlined in clear guidelines. No wonder hotels and B&Bs want to make AirBNB illegal. It's completely undermining their ability to gouge travelers :D 

I was in Boston 2 years ago and stayed at the Sheraton in Back Bay.  It was a convention, so I don't know about rates, but the hotel is nice and it's close to lots of public transportation.  Also walkable to lots of places.  Personally, I'd never, ever drive in Boston if I could help it.

Haven't been to RI for 20+ years, so can't help there.

Archived