1980 Audience Recordings

wordev1977

I was wondering what people think are the best sounding audience recordings from the Over Europe 80 Tour like many people I find some of the soundboards hard to listen to because of their dry sound, I’ve tried to listen to Rotterdam and Brussels which easily sound like some of the best shows of the tour but their boards sound really dry, some of the audience recordings I’ve checked out are Munich which sounds great and Vienna which sounds good to great, any suggestions are much appreciated. 

3 minutes ago, Boleskinner said:

Zurich is the best sound quality for me.

There's a bunch of matrix recordings available as well - audience recording mixed with soundboard - which give them a "wetter" sound.

I’ve actually heard that matrix it’s easily one of the better sounding boots from the tour I’ve always had a hard time listening to parts of Frankfurt such as how dry Achilles sounds on the board.

9 minutes ago, wordev1977 said:

I’ve actually heard that matrix it’s easily one of the better sounding boots from the tour I’ve always had a hard time listening to parts of Frankfurt such as how dry Achilles sounds on the board.

For Frankfurt, seek out the Liriodendron matrix. He did a superb job on it. It sounds like an official release. The fact that it's probably the best performance from the tour is an added bonus.

Just now, ZepHead315 said:

For Frankfurt, seek out the Liriodendron matrix. He did a superb job on it. It sounds like an official release. The fact that it's probably the best performance from the tour is an added bonus.

I’ll definitey look for that, I really like Frankfurt so it’ll be interesting to hear liriodendrons work on it I really enjoyed his work on the Landover soundboard.

Archived