Sound effect on celebration day

J_M5

42 minutes ago, J_M5 said:

I was always wondering what the in and out buzzing sound effect was at the start of celebration day. Anyone know what it is?

I believe that was a Moog synth , using the oscillator and pitch bend. 🤔 

Also, the intro is not Page , it's actually Jones playing the guitar in a lap slide style. JPJ, what a bad ass! 

On 10/27/2018 at 2:22 AM, porgie66 said:

I believe that was a Moog synth , using the oscillator and pitch bend. 🤔 

Also, the intro is not Page , it's actually Jones playing the guitar in a lap slide style. JPJ, what a bad ass! 

And the filter! I didn’t know that about JPJ playing the intro guitar, how cool is that!  Where did you hear that?

2 hours ago, babysquid said:

And the filter! I didn’t know that about JPJ playing the intro guitar, how cool is that!  Where did you hear that?

"This playful, uptempo rocker was built around a slinky slide riff conceived by Jones, the genesis of which he described in his column in Guitar World July 1997: “I came up with the intro/verse riff to “Celebration Day” while playing and old Danelectro baritone guitar like a lap steel, using an unusual, low open A7 tuning (low to high: A A A E G Cs), a steel bar and a nut saddle to raise the strings.” When performing the song live, Page would adapt this riff to standard-tuned guitar."

Archived