Crew Jacket

miker1102

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, miker1102 said:

Like a musuem or a traveling exhibition. Be great foe people to see peices like this. I have a few rare posters and handbills but keep thinking they woukd be better shared with more people. 

Oh, I see. The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame occasionally accepts items on loan for limited exhibition, often from the artists themselves, but I'd imagine from the general public as well.

3 hours ago, miker1102 said:

I think the next generation would think this stuff is great.

The next generation couldn't care less. There was a time that Elvis Presley was widely considered the world's greatest entertainer and the King of Rock n' Roll. His fan base is passing away now and glutting the market with their collections. We'll see the same phenomena over the next 20 to 30 years with Led Zeppelin. It's just the way it is -- young people want their own popular culture icons.  

Nah. Zeppelin is much more timeless they have songs about Mordor, vikings and Iceland. My grandkids will love them!! In actuality, they are smart about the use of the music in promotions so I see them differently than Elvis. I coukd be kidding myself. But we had a lot more fun at concerts in the 70s and 80s then the kids did in the 50s. 

Archived