Roundhouse Video?

Back on February 21st, 2007, Ahmed Raza, a member of  'For Badgeholders Only' posted the following:

'According to the Sunday Telegraph, last weekend's issue, Peter Whitehead (renowned UK film producer/falconer/author) got Zeppelin down on film at The Roundhouse, London'

James Liam Cook from The Telegraph did some research and found a mention of the event here:

"Soon he was shooting the Stones in Dublin, Allen Ginsberg at the Royal Albert Hall and Led Zeppelin at the Roundhouse. In 1967, he shot Benefit of the Doubt, about the Vietnam War. Given Whitehead's approach - and the spirit of the times - one might assume that his films would be unwieldy monuments to self-indulgence. In fact, they're very sharply observed, often extremely funny and surprisingly cohesive. After making a documentary about Swinging London, called Tonite Let's All Make Love in London -typically, Whitehead claims to have been bored to tears by Swinging London - in 1968 he went off to New York intending to make a similar film there.

46 minutes ago, bcarter690 said:

"Soon he was shooting the Stones in Dublin, Allen Ginsberg at the Royal Albert Hall and Led Zeppelin at the Roundhouse. 

Peter Whitehead filmed Led Zeppelin at the Royal Albert Hall in 1970. AKAIK he never claimed to have filmed them at The Roundhouse, and none of the band members have ever claimed he did either. Sadly, he passed away last month.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/jun/13/peter-whitehead-obituary

I agree it seems likely they've confused the RAH with the Roundhouse.

And yet..... the tantalising thing is if you misremembered it, confusing it with say, the Marquee would make a lot more sense, not the Roundhouse. I almost wonder if some footage was shot there but proved unusable due to lighting or whatever, then the footage was destroyed.

5 hours ago, 76229 said:

I agree it seems likely they've confused the RAH with the Roundhouse.

And yet..... the tantalising thing is if you misremembered it, confusing it with say, the Marquee would make a lot more sense, not the Roundhouse. I almost wonder if some footage was shot there but proved unusable due to lighting or whatever, then the footage was destroyed.

The thing is if he HAD filmed them at The Roundhouse or anywhere besides Royal Albert Hall one presumes it would have at least been mentioned by him, Peter Grant or the band members at least once from 1968 to now. The silence is deafening. This never happened.