Obsessed :-)

ledzeppete

My obsession with live versions of dazed and confused knows no bounds it is musical genuis of epic proportions, and in particular the 10-15 minutes after the violin bow section, im in love with the power, the absolute connection between the 4 of them

There are many great bands, many great live performers,  but nothing comes close to what zeppelin managed to create in the vast arenas in the 70's 

As we know every concert / song was different from night to night and from tour to tour, but i havent heard a better rendition than St Louis 75, its so fluid, all 4 are on top top form,  its just perfect.... now i havent managed to get my hands on every bootleg, but is there a better version one out there ?

3 hours ago, ledzeppete said:

My obsession with live versions of dazed and confused knows no bounds it is musical genuis of epic proportions, and in particular the 10-15 minutes after the violin bow section, im in love with the power, the absolute connection between the 4 of them

There are many great bands, many great live performers,  but nothing comes close to what zeppelin managed to create in the vast arenas in the 70's 

As we know every concert / song was different from night to night and from tour to tour, but i havent heard a better rendition than St Louis 75, its so fluid, all 4 are on top top form,  its just perfect.... now i havent managed to get my hands on every bootleg, but is there a better version one out there ?

I'll have to listen to the St Louis version again;  my impression of the show is that it's a very nice end to the first leg of the 1975 tour, but not on par with the previous nights in NY/Long Island (apart from the stunning NQ in St Louis).  As far as '75 goes, the 3-21 Seattle and 5-24 Earl's Court are at the top of the list.  I love the '73 versions, esp. from July.  Check out 7-12 Detroit, 7-27 NY, and 7-24 Pittsburgh for starters.

7 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

Check out the versions from Europe 73. Vienna and Hamburg in particular are amazing versions featuring spectacular interplay between Page and Bonzo.

Thanks mate, will note them down and see if i can check those ones out, yes thats so right, the chemistry between bonzo and pagey is imense, really really special

8 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

I'll have to listen to the St Louis version again;  my impression of the show is that it's a very nice end to the first leg of the 1975 tour, but not on par with the previous nights in NY/Long Island (apart from the stunning NQ in St Louis).  As far as '75 goes, the 3-21 Seattle and 5-24 Earl's Court are at the top of the list.  I love the '73 versions, esp. from July.  Check out 7-12 Detroit, 7-27 NY, and 7-24 Pittsburgh for starters.

Thanks so much, im way to old for this downloading malarkey and youtube just confuses the hell out of me, so im a searcher of bootleg cds via record fairs, so will note these down and see if i can track them down.

Yes its a good show, plantys voice is coming back and the sound quality is excellent 

5 hours ago, ledzeppete said:

Thanks so much, im way to old for this downloading malarkey and youtube just confuses the hell out of me, so im a searcher of bootleg cds via record fairs, so will note these down and see if i can track them down.

Yes its a good show, plantys voice is coming back and the sound quality is excellent 

I should also mention Philadelphia from 2-8-75, it's very fluid, almost 73-like.  I re-listened to St Louis, and you're right, fantastic version of DC.  The whole show really is great, even better than I recalled, but still a bit below the previous NY-area shows.