Celebration Day 08 November Cinema quad posters

Sblake

Hi all new member here just trying to get a value of a celebration Day cinema back by popular demand quad poster which is dated for the 08 November IĀ  know that they were issued in 2012 the poster was on display in the cinema when it was released so it is used but it has since been kept in a poster tube and only been taken out to check the date on the poster any info would be much appreciated. Also don't worry all mugs are clean and dry just needed something to help weigh it down so I could take a picture.

IMG_20201129_210722_2.jpg

Thankyou for the info SteveAJones I am based in the UK and I know there weren't many screenings over here hence why it's a later date poster I know that this was printed after the 17 October release hence why I've struggled to find any information on it.

6 hours ago, Sblake said:

Thankyou for the info SteveAJones I am based in the UK and I know there weren't many screenings over here hence why it's a later date poster I know that this was printed after the 17 October release hence why I've struggled to find any information on it.

On it's worldwide theatrical release night the film played onĀ 1,500 screens across 40 territories, with 190 of those bookings being in the UK.Ā Ā PopularĀ demand in theĀ U.S., the UK, Japan, Brazil, Canada, Italy, Germany, France, Mexico and AustraliaĀ was such that further screenings were offered in November, as well as adding new cinema locations. Unsure how many UK quad posters were printed but I seldom see them offered for sale so I'm confident oneĀ would bring at least $200.00 at auction.Ā Ā Ā 

Thank you again for further info hopefully I will get lucky and come across some old news about these quad posters but at the moment it's a real struggle to find any information on the back by popular demand posters especially in quad format for some reason info on U.S./portrait posters are easier to find.Ā 

The link shows how much people are asking for the original release the U.S./portrait versions are going for over here the in UK. It would be great if I had seen any quad posters online but it's like getting blood from a stone. If I do find any information I'll keep you updated, I feel like this is going to become quite the investigation so it will be fun.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/124204341603?mkevt=1&mkcid=28&chn=ps

1 hour ago, Sblake said:

The link shows how much people are asking for the original release the U.S./portrait versions are going for over here the in UK. It would be great if I had seen any quad posters online but it's like getting blood from a stone. If I do find any information I'll keep you updated, I feel like this is going to become quite the investigation so it will be fun.

I assume it's a legit poster butĀ it could also be a fake.

14 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I assume it's a legit poster butĀ it could also be a fake.

Only one way to tell is to see it up close and have someone (an expert / collector)Ā verify it. Older items are easier generally (as there are less of them on the openĀ market) to validate with type of paper stock, batch, etc. WatermarksĀ are another way to verify items along with certificates. TakingĀ photos / videos to document with celebrities signing the items also help to validate. Years ago there were tons of fake items manufactured like laminates, backstage passes and tour book as well as concertĀ photo reproductions beingĀ passed off as originals. Ā They even went as far as (before the Internet was mainstream) appearing at record shows / conventionsĀ at hotels around the globe. A lot of people got taken by these charlatans.Ā 

RšŸ˜Ž

Edited by reids

12 hours ago, reids said:

Only one way to tell is to see it up close and have someone (an expert / collector)Ā verify it. Older items are easier generally (as there are less of them on the openĀ market) to validate with type of paper stock, batch, etc. WatermarksĀ are another way to verify items along with certificates. TakingĀ photos / videos to document with celebrities signing the items also help to validate. Years ago there were tons of fake items manufactured like laminates, backstage passes and tour book as well as concertĀ photo reproductions beingĀ passed off as originals. Ā They even went as far as (before the Internet was mainstream) appearing at record shows / conventionsĀ at hotels around the globe. A lot of people got taken by these charlatans.Ā 

RšŸ˜Ž

Agreed on all points, but what I'm suggesting is that it could be a straight up fake -- that these were never used to promote the screenings. I'm not saying it is a fake, just that we have to bear this in mind unless and until something is presented to dispel that possibility.Ā 

6 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Agreed on all points, but what I'm suggesting is that it could be a straight up fake -- that these were never used to promote the screenings. I'm not saying it is a fake, just that we have to bear this in mind unless and until something is presented to dispel that possibility.Ā 

Yes. Absolutely, agree, Steve. šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘

RšŸ˜Ž