Shows from Spring 1970?

Old Man

Does anybody know of any good shows from the Spring 1970 US tour?  I know this was a difficult time for the band in my part of the US.  I am asking because they did play Macon, GA, one time and I was hoping for a good quality US show as close to this show as possible.  Thank you.

Edited by Old Man

I'm not sure what you consider 'good quality', but there are a few great shows, particularly the one in Baltimore only a couple of days later. I'm not sure of the absolute best bootleg for it, but you can check out a nice mix of sources on Youtube here:

46 minutes ago, Old Man said:

Does anybody know of any good shows from the Spring 1970 US tour.  I know this was a difficult time for the band in my part of the US.  I am asking because they did play Macon, GA, one time and I was hoping for a good quality US show as close to this show as possible.  Thank you.

They may have had trouble with the Southern redneck police, but a lot of the concerts from the 1970 Spring US tour still are great shows. Memphis, Tennessee is one of my faves from this tour.

• 3 months later...
On 5/31/2021 at 8:19 PM, Strider said:

Of course, their best show of Spring 1970 and one of the best of the entire year was in Switzerland.

These are some of their most inspired shows of their career. Just mind blowing what they were producing. Having started the get deep into them in the late 80’s early 90’s, I’m still to this day driven to tears, and smiles in the same show. Absolutely brilliant playing.