If asked do you think Jimmy would discuss Crowley/Golden Dawn/Occult topics at length?

He's been shy or private about it his entire life pretty much.  A quote here or there, but overall never an in-depth discussion of it.  Probably alot of it is ignorant interviewers who ask him "So you were in a Satanic cult, right?" or something like that.  But watch his response when that girl asks him about The Golden Dawn not too long ago at Oxford Union.  His entire face lights up and he can barely get the words out he's so excited.  He doesnt say a ton though.  It clearly was and maybe still is a huge part of his life.  Was it JPJ or Jimmy himself who said something like "that was my entire existence" in 1973 or something?   You get him discussing it briefly at Oxford and that OTO shirt he wore 20 years ago, and thats about it nowadays.  Usually its just "yeah I was exploring different things back then and explored it and was interested".  

Do you think he will ever write a book or grant an interview with some occult organization where its the actual focus of the discussion?   If it was approached in a respectful, interested to hear him discuss these things, manner do you think he'd oblige and expand greater into the topics?

I tend to think that people of that generation, baby boomers coming out of world war 2 generally don’t really discuss their personal beliefs other then their close personal friends and family. Let alone a musician/artist who built his whole life with the band and outside of the band being somewhat mysterious, and perhaps even aloof. 

I would certainly love to read a real account of his life, his beliefs and practices. How he was inspired. But I think the two books he put out, along with this soon to be released Led Zeppelin official biography is what we will get. I became a fan 35 years ago and would love to hear anything he had to say other than the interviews he has allowed.

It would certainly be amazing to have him give some more insight into all aspects of his life. We can hope we get more, and appreciate what he has given.

Its funny how often I go back to listen to interviews he has given over the years, or read interviews he gave. He is truly in my opinion one of,  the if not the most amazing guitarist, producer, arrangers who ever lived. 

Also, that Oxford Union class/interview is one of my favorites. Seems like a classy guy who is very proud of his past and comfortable with where he is now and what he has achieved. 41 years after the band ended myself and millions of other are still discussing and wanting to discover new things about him and the band. Pretty awesome.

Cheers. 

4 hours ago, JimmyPage123 said:

Do you think he will ever write a book or grant an interview with some occult organization where its the actual focus of the discussion?   If it was approached in a respectful, interested to hear him discuss these things, manner do you think he'd oblige and expand greater into the topics?

Could he? Of course. Do I think he will? Not a chance. Jimmy was always careful about allowing others to find (or make) their own paths in these matters. To use an analogy, he held the lantern up atop the mountainside, leaving it up to others if, how, when to make a climb of their own. With regard to the girl at Oxford, I think he was responsive to this aspect of her questioning, and not so much any particular personal need or desire to necessarily discuss it. In fact, I would add in that regard he is quite DIFFERENT from most of the Baby Boom generation who actually did pummel society their entire lives with an insistence that we really did need to hear all about what they believe and why. 

On 8/12/2021 at 6:53 AM, SteveAJones said:

Jimmy was always careful about allowing others to find (or make) their own paths in these matters. To use an analogy, he held the lantern up atop the mountainside, leaving it up to others if, how, when to make a climb of their own.

:goodpost: