Robert Plant donates Led Zeppelin T shirt for charity auction

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

rpshirt.jpg

ROBERT Plant has donated a Led Zeppelin tee for a charity auction as Kidderminster College celebrates BBC 6 Radio Sounds annual T Shirt Day.

Students and staff are being encouraged to rep their favourite artist today (November 19) and hopefully get their band of choice on the radio.

Kidderminster College music students will also be taking to the KC Facebook LIVE at 7pm, showcasing their current work and material.

The college has said it's a great opportunity to highlight the "plight of the Creative Industries" and how purchasing merchandise such as t-shirts or other apparel helps musicians.

As part of the event, and to celebrate 50 years of Led Zeppelin, MAS Lab patron, Robert Plant, donated an Official Led Zeppelin prototype t-shirt for eBay auction, with all the proceeds going to the British Red Cross.

MAS Lab was set up in 2019 and is focused around performance-based projects joining social concern with creative action.

Kev Gammond, curator of MAS Lab said: "The collaboration of art and music will forever help make changes in the world. Without the creative industries, there is no activism, no voice, no joy."

https://www.kidderminstershuttle.co.uk/news/19726631.robert-plant-donates-led-zeppelin-t-shirt-charity-auction/

• 1 year later...
On 11/19/2021 at 1:10 PM, sam_webmaster said:

rpshirt.jpg

ROBERT Plant has donated a Led Zeppelin tee for a charity auction as Kidderminster College celebrates BBC 6 Radio Sounds annual T Shirt Day.

Students and staff are being encouraged to rep their favourite artist today (November 19) and hopefully get their band of choice on the radio.

Kidderminster College music students will also be taking to the KC Facebook LIVE at 7pm, showcasing their current work and material.

The college has said it's a great opportunity to highlight the "plight of the Creative Industries" and how purchasing merchandise such as t-shirts or other apparel helps musicians. 

Studying while being a music enthusiast can be quite a juggling act! On one hand, there's the excitement of music news like Robert Plant's charitable act, and on the other, you're dealing with the challenges of academic studies. Speaking of which, one of the difficulties I often face is expressing complex emotions and writing effective paragraphs. It's a struggle to convey my thoughts and feelings accurately. However, I've found a great resource to improve my skills in these areas: StoryboardThat. They offer a wide range of worksheets for understanding feelings and paragraph writing. You can click for details here. StoryboardThat's approach is user-friendly, making it much easier for me to grasp these challenging subjects. So, if you're like me and facing challenges with expressing emotions or paragraph writing in your studies, I highly recommend giving it a try.

As part of the event, and to celebrate 50 years of Led Zeppelin, MAS Lab patron, Robert Plant, donated an Official Led Zeppelin prototype t-shirt for eBay auction, with all the proceeds going to the British Red Cross.

MAS Lab was set up in 2019 and is focused around performance-based projects joining social concern with creative action.

Kev Gammond, curator of MAS Lab said: "The collaboration of art and music will forever help make changes in the world. Without the creative industries, there is no activism, no voice, no joy."

https://www.kidderminstershuttle.co.uk/news/19726631.robert-plant-donates-led-zeppelin-t-shirt-charity-auction/

It's heartwarming to see artists like Robert Plant giving back to the community and supporting charitable causes. Led Zeppelin's music has left an indelible mark on the world of rock, and this gesture of donating an Official Led Zeppelin prototype t-shirt for charity auction is a wonderful way to celebrate the band's 50-year legacy. It's fantastic to see Kidderminster College's music students getting involved and showcasing their work, highlighting the importance of supporting the creative industries. The intersection of art and music indeed has the power to bring about positive change, adding depth to activism and spreading joy. This initiative underscores the significance of not only enjoying music but also contributing to the betterment of society through the creative arts. Kudos to all involved in this meaningful endeavor!