Jimmy Page with Benny Turner, New Orleans

thozil

• Administrators
1 hour ago, thozil said:

Benny Turner is the brother of Freddie King. These photos are from his book "Survivor: the Benny Turner story". I suspect they are from March 10, 1995, after the Page & Plant show: 

BennyTurner.jpg

I think it's more like 1988

9 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

I think it's more like 1988

8 hours ago, thozil said:

Sept 24, 1988 makes sense. He wore a similar shirt in 95.

It is not Sept 24th 1988 . I was at Jimmy;s show that night and afterwards  went to the Old Absinthe Bar. They were queuing round the block to get in, no doubt expecting Jimmy to show. I got in quick as was with one of the staff of the Absinthe Bar and photographer Frank Melfi.   After a while we got the news that Jimmy was in the Hard Rock cafe/ restaurant. So we went there and he was dining with Patricia Ecker and Jason Bonham amongst others.   

Edited by dave2007
clarification

4 hours ago, dave2007 said:

It is not Sept 24th 1988 . Jimmy was in the Hard Rock cafe/restaurant. So we went there and he was dining with Patricia Ecker and Jason Bonham amongst others.   

I show the same, and there would have been no other opportunity during that visit to New Orleans. I propose it could be March 1990 as I know he returned to Louisiana with Patricia and son to visit her family in Metairie. On March 16, 1990 he was seen playing darts at Dino's Rock Box at 3619 18th Street in Metairie. This was reported two days later on WCKW FM Radio. I'll dig into newspaper archives to see if anything turns up. Perhaps an ad for circa '88-'90 for this gig.

11 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Perhaps an ad for circa '88-'90 for this gig.

I don't think that will help. This is the exact quote from the book: 

Anyway, I found a steady five-nights-a-week gig as a side- man at the Old Absinthe Bar on Bourbon Street in the French Quarter that I held onto for about five years. It was nothing to see world-famous musicians come through the door. Some of them would sit in, such as Cindi Lauper, David Clayton Thomas and Jimmy Page

The date range is early 90s but not more specific than that.

16 hours ago, thozil said:

I don't think that will help. This is the exact quote from the book: 

The date range is early 90s but not more specific than that.

I should have taken better notes when I was online earlier. I had read that in the early '90s he was touring with a female vocalist. I saw she had some gig in Lousiana in January 1990 which arguably supports (or at least does not refute) it was Spring 1990.