2024 MLB Thread....

paul carruthers

I definitely won't talk any trash after losing a series to the lowly Angels. These west coast trips are always tough for me because I have a tough time staying up for the whole game. Maybe I'll just watch one of the early games & retire after that...

18 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I definitely won't talk any trash after losing a series to the lowly Angels. These west coast trips are always tough for me because I have a tough time staying up for the whole game. Maybe I'll just watch one of the early games & retire after that...

Tough break! West coast trips can be rough. Maybe a coffee boost will help you stay awake?

On 8/6/2024 at 11:19 PM, redrum said:

SF'll never make it. The sand in the hourglass is running out. 

They have been winning a bit more of late but I think Padres are in.  Only injuries have put Atlanta on brink but they are still in.  Mets are only half a game out I believe.  Arizona somehow are still in.  The battle between Houston and Seattle is up and down with the loser likely gone with no WC.  Orioles and Yankees should both be in playoff with only division title the issue.  Now Grayson Rodriguez is hurt.  Burnes is solid.  Best era of any starter.  I sure wish we had Bradish and Means.  

That was a fun game to watch today. Baseball definitely needs more pitchers going deep into ballgames. That is excitement in and of itself--whatever new rules MLB might try tinkering with to get starters deeper into games, I may be all for it...

7 hours ago, redrum said:

Mariners playing to disappoint.................again. 

Who envisioned this two months go?  Houston was once about 15 below ,500.  I knew they would bounce back.  But what I did not know was Seattle would fall out of even the wild card.  Even after getting Arezerena or however you spell his name from Taampa.  Their pitching has not held as well as expected.  Guys like Gilbert and Castillo and Kirby.  They are now around 4 or 5 back of the wild card and the division likely now belongs to Houston.   I am wondering how long Elias will stick with this pathetic Rogers they traded Norby to Miami for? The Eflin trade turned out to be a great one. We must get Grayson back before the playoffs and if we are to win the division. 

On 8/23/2024 at 2:30 AM, redrum said:

Mariners implode. They play to disappoint. 

SF still spinning their wheels. 😄

SF is not making the post season and you should have realized that a month ago.  I’m not sure Seattle can either.  Remember May?  Houston was losing and now they are on top.  I thought Seattle would get in.  
my Orioles could not be more banged up.  Westburg is slated to return September along with some pitching we need badly.  Now a trip to LA to play the Dodgers.  While Yankees get more bad teams

4 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

After that soul crushing defeat in San Diego Sunday, I might be ready to throw in the towel on this season. I guess I'll wait and see how this series with the D-backs goes...

:unsure:

The Mets still have 31 games left. But, they need to take this series from the D-Backs.

Thank you Nationals.  For beating Yankees. O's lose a tough game to Dodgers.  After this series we finally catch a break in schedule.  Our turn to play Colorado and White Sox.  Now Colorado can hit at times.  Just no pitching.  O's are supposed to get Eflin back Sunday, then Grayson and Westburg.  the injuries are severe.  Bradish and Means and Bautista all lost for season so 25 likely might be our year?  I have no idea why Elias went brain dead and traded Norby for that sack of crap Mr Rogers.  He is not in AAA getting hammered.  He sucks. But its not significant in the big picture for my Orioles. They are in this fight.  They have a shot. the NL is going to be very interesting,

Now Urias is injured.  Kremer too.  He had been good last two and stunk last night.  Thank God Eflin is back today.  So many injuries.  Kimbreal the monkey comes in and stinks up the joint.  Gives game away.  I cant wait until Bautista comes back next year and we send Kimbreal packing  Dominguez is really the closer now but they had to  rest him. So they finish in Colorado today and then the White Sox come in. They had best win these games and make a move.  Westburg is really needed.  Should start throwing soon they say.  

The injury list is long for my Orioles but Eflin returns today and with approximately 25 games left the Orioles are rated as having the easiest schedule left of all AL contenders.  Yankees are at about 14 out of 18.  We need to get going.  The White Sox are in town next

On 8/27/2024 at 2:13 PM, paul carruthers said:

After that soul crushing defeat in San Diego Sunday, I might be ready to throw in the towel on this season. I guess I'll wait and see how this series with the D-backs goes...

:unsure:

Once again Paul your boys are right back in the thick of it!  Only a half game behind the usually mighty Braves who have lots of key injuries and I must credit them with staying alive after losing Acuna also.  My boys are back in first with 22 to go!  Yankee bitch's!!!!!!!

On 8/28/2024 at 3:30 AM, redrum said:

I'd like to see Baltimore and Milwaukee in the series. 

Cobb against Hrabosky to see who gets more pissed off.TYCOBB.thumb.jpg.ca04ac9661c9bb082bab47ef92245dbc.jpgALHRABOSKY.thumb.webp.ab0fb0d8b9e32ae1bf19931eab73d2bb.webp

I think Milwaukee is being overlooked a bit.  They are dangerous.  My Orioles have so many injuries and especially to pitchers I am not really sure.  But they get Westburg back soon, and Danny Cuolombe back in the pen soon and he is very important. Grayson Rodriguez also is slated to return.   Id like to get the top seed.  But losing Bradish and Means hurt even though if Burnes returns to his beastly self and Eflin continues to be great, we have a shot.  The Rogers trade was a disaster.  Have no idea what Elias was thinking trading Norby for that sack of crap. If we can get these guys back we have a shot. First we need to put the Yankees to bed.  The schedule for what its worth favors the Orioles Yankees now must face Eovaldi and the go to play the Cubs who were the hottest damn team until they lost 2 to the Pirates. I expect they wake up tonight.  I actually only bet one Series future, and its a very pricey pick  Baltimore vs Milwaukee!!!  Just like you said. I think $2 gets you about $200.  Maybe not any more but its still pricey.  The Dodgers are the big favorites but they have big concerns with starting pithing .  I fear their lineup but not their starting rotation . They will have to swing the lumber to win just like my O's.  I actually would take our pitching over theirs. The NL is wide open and those pesky Diamondbacks are a live doggie also.   I think if the Cubs snuck in they would be a team I would not want to face.

I just learned yesterday that its not likely the Orioles will get Santander back next year.  Free Agent. Sucks to lose him.  Kjerstadt likely will be in the outfield.  Getting Bradish back will be great but Burnes is expected to be gone also.