Mr. Jimmy Sakurai - Best Jimmy Page Impersonator EVER!

Members of the Mr Jimmy group have also started their own thing that looks to recreate Led Zeppelin's live career from start to finish.  They are currently in 1969.

This is some true bootleg quality stuff.

a tad nicer audio here..

When there isn't the 2 or 3 Jimmy shows a year, these guys are taking this national/international.

4 hours ago, The Big G said:

Members of the Mr Jimmy group have also started their own thing that looks to recreate Led Zeppelin's live career from start to finish.  They are currently in 1969.

This is some true bootleg quality stuff.

a tad nicer audio here..

When there isn't the 2 or 3 Jimmy shows a year, these guys are taking this national/international.

Hope to catch a show!

17 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Thanks for sharing! I went to last nights gig (Sat) and it was phenomenal! Mr.Jimmy is out of this world. His playing was spot on. George was also incredible on drums. The entire band, even the singer, did a great job.  I wasn’t planning on going, but glad I changed my mind. Well worth it. 

On 7/31/2024 at 10:43 AM, Darcy Snow said:

Thanks! Can't wait!

I managed to get tickets for last nights gig and had a blast! What did you think of the show? The theatre was so small that any seat was a good seat. Cant believe how loud it was! The band was absolutely phenomenal and they nailed The Song Remains The Same movie/soundtrack. 

Attended the first three shows and will attend the last show tonight too.

Last night's show (Saturday night) was the best yet.   They played for three hours and 20 minutes!

Just.  OUTSTANDING!!!!

Theatre is perfect.   NOT a single bad seat.

Chris Hope, the JCCC Capital Chairman Chair, and the man who organized this event,  and is a huge Zeppelin fan, is an absolute first class gentleman.   Had the pleasure of meeting him and he told me how this all came together: within three months.   

Such amazing shows.   Near the end of each show so far, almost every single person was standing, dancing and/or moving around.   

Energy was fantastic!   'Electric' some would say.

Page would be very proud of this production and very talented four musicians.   

Mr. Jimmy is like no other.   A must attend show now or in the future, if they do this again.

11 hours ago, ohjimmy said:

Thanks for sharing! I went to last nights gig (Sat) and it was phenomenal! Mr.Jimmy is out of this world. His playing was spot on. George was also incredible on drums. The entire band, even the singer, did a great job.  I wasn’t planning on going, but glad I changed my mind. Well worth it. 

Nice!

21 hours ago, rayban123 said:

Attended the first three shows and will attend the last show tonight too.

Last night's show (Saturday night) was the best yet.   They played for three hours and 20 minutes!

Just.  OUTSTANDING!!!!

Theatre is perfect.   NOT a single bad seat.

Chris Hope, the JCCC Capital Chairman Chair, and the man who organized this event,  and is a huge Zeppelin fan, is an absolute first class gentleman.   Had the pleasure of meeting him and he told me how this all came together: within three months.   

Such amazing shows.   Near the end of each show so far, almost every single person was standing, dancing and/or moving around.   

Energy was fantastic!   'Electric' some would say.

Page would be very proud of this production and very talented four musicians.   

Mr. Jimmy is like no other.   A must attend show now or in the future, if they do this again.

I was also at Saturday nights gig, and it was absolutely electric. I had a blast! The band was so tight and played with such energy. Usually it’s hard to find someone that can match Roberts voice but August did a great job and was spot on.George also rocked it on drums! His Moby Dick was perfect.

I’m so glad I had the chance to see them. It was also nice meeting all of them after the gig and shaking their hands and taking a few pics. I would have loved to have been at all four shows…..glad that you had the chance to see them all four times. My friend was lucky enough to catch three of the gigs. Let’s hope they play Toronto again someday soon. Cheers 

Edited by ohjimmy

Having attended all four shows, can say without hesitation that the last show was THE BEST!!

August mentioned Sunday night that they played for 3.5 hours the night before night!   

Sunday night's concert was at least 3.5 hours!   Think when I looked at my phone, it said 10:53pm.   They hit the stage around 7:15pm.  This is wild because no major touring band today plays for more than two hours!!

These guys are just so cool!

What made Sunday night's show the best?   They added more in between the songs.

Personally, I didn't stop moving in my seat for all four concerts.   Two of my friends attended Saturday night and had such a fantastic time, they return Sunday night too and brought two other couples with them, who absolutely thought the show was spectacular too!!

The last song was The Ocean, and August invited everyone down in front of the stage to dance along.  And everyone did!!   IT WAS ELECTRIC!!!!   Everyone was smiling!!!! 

I think August might have been on a bit of a trip, because earlier he joked about it on stage.  LOL 

When Zeppelin played MSG in July 1973, they played three nights.   These multi-talented musicians played four straight nights in Toronto this week!

Mr. Jimmy is without doubt the BEST Page clone on the planet.   George Fludas, the drummer, an over the top skin beater!!    
Alexis the bass and organ player, nailed Jones to perfection!   August, fantastic pipes, and he can hit the highs too!! 

The Canadian ambassador to Japan was in attendance Sunday night.

Lawrence Gowan (who plays the organ for Styx these days), who provided an organ for the show, made an appearance before the show, and played a quick Beatles's song "strawberry fields forever' for us all.  Was a blast and he introduced the band.  He planned to stay for one song because he had other commitments, turns out he stayed for the entire concert and loved it!!

Chris Hope, who organized the whole event and is a super nice guy, mentioned on stage last night,  that they plan to make this an annual event!!!   So fingers crossed they do this again next summer.

This is a MUST attend event.  So entertaining and so much fun!  OMG it was so entertaining.  

The band is super friendly and nice.   Every night after the show, they appeared in the lounge to sign autographs, shake hands, a quick chat and photos with whoever wanted to.

12/10 entertainment!!

Will definitely attend every show next summer too.   

Cheers,

On 8/11/2024 at 9:05 AM, ohjimmy said:

I managed to get tickets for last nights gig and had a blast! What did you think of the show? The theatre was so small that any seat was a good seat. Cant believe how loud it was! The band was absolutely phenomenal and they nailed The Song Remains The Same movie/soundtrack. 

Still on a high! It was epic!!! Watched the first night and it was an absolute blast! 

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Peeps,

どうもありがとうございます!

I must mention that JCCC was also fortunate to have a VVIP in attendance (ie me) for each of these four musical performances during a series of lovely August evenings.

Not only was I transported back to re-enjoy midsummer's mayhem of 1973 Manhattan presented on stage by the Mr. Jimmy orchestra, but I was provided with a deep sense of peace which I have not experienced since my first visit to Kamakura way back when.

Many thanks to talents George, Alexis, August and Akio not to mention the tireless efforts of the JCCC crew to make this happen.   

See you again soon!

Yours truly,
You pal, Al.

454742062_10230073880967707_897743373195288253_n.jpg