Album

four already

There was talk of turning the album Page is working on into a Zep album. If some kind of continuation of Zeppelin is going to happen I would surely hope new material would be involved. If not, it would make them no different than any other group that's out there touring on the strength of nostalgia alone.

an album without Bonzo would seem like blasphemy to me, no matter who fills in for him. always seemed to me that what made them special wasn't that Zep refrained from touring themselves into a nostalgia act, it was that they refused to play without their friend. I'd never buy a new Zep studio album, but I imagine it would do quite well no matter what it sounded like.

an album without Bonzo would seem like blasphemy to me, no matter who fills in for him. always seemed to me that what made them special wasn't that Zep refrained from touring themselves into a nostalgia act, it was that they refused to play without their friend.

Since Bonzo's death they've played several concerts without him. I don't see an album as being any different. If their hearts aren't in it I see no problem with them putting Led Zeppelin to rest for good with the 02 concert. However, if they wish to continue touring as an active unit then they need to come up some new material, otherwise they'll be nothing but another nostalgia act.

Since Bonzo's death they've played several concerts without him. I don't see an album as being any different. If their hearts aren't in it I see no problem with them putting Led Zeppelin to rest for good with the 02 concert. However, if they wish to continue touring as an active unit then they need to come up some new material, otherwise they'll be nothing but another nostalgia act.

True in a way and I really believe they would make new material if they are going to do it. Perhaps they already have and are keeping it on ice. But to the other poster saying he wouldnt buy a studio album without Bonham, Id like to see you walk by it in the store, expecially if its great material, and not buy it. cmon. If you are a real Zepp fan you are going to buy it. And as for a Nostalgia act it wouldnt be just your average nostalgia act. It would be from a super group and the tickets would go so fast your head will spin. New material or not. The who went on without Moon and the Stones didnt throw in the towel without Brian Jones. And it is Bonzo's son on the drums so that has to count for something doesnt it? It is far mote of a stretch for Lymard Skynard to still tour using that name than it would be for Led Zeppelin without the original drummer, albit I am in the club that says he isi the best of all time.

True in a way and I really believe they would make new material if they are going to do it. Perhaps they already have and are keeping it on ice. But to the other poster saying he wouldnt buy a studio album without Bonham, Id like to see you walk by it in the store, expecially if its great material, and not buy it. cmon. If you are a real Zepp fan you are going to buy it. And as for a Nostalgia act it wouldnt be just your average nostalgia act. It would be from a super group and the tickets would go so fast your head will spin. New material or not. The who went on without Moon and the Stones didnt throw in the towel without Brian Jones. And it is Bonzo's son on the drums so that has to count for something doesnt it? It is far mote of a stretch for Lymard Skynard to still tour using that name than it would be for Led Zeppelin without the original drummer, albit I am in the club that says he isi the best of all time.

I would never buy such a thing, believe me or not. all it would do is encourage them to do more, same as it did the Floyd, The Who, the Stones, Skynyrd, on and on... don't think for a minute that the name wasn't a very large factor in those bands continuing to use it. and don't say that they just wanted to keep going, hell lot's of artists manage to just keep going without whoring an old band's name. and I am a "real Zepp fan," I'm a fan of the real Zepp. the O2 was only acceptable because it had Jason on drums, but touring and especially recording with Jason and calling it Led Zeppelin is a stretch for me. some people won't care, but I do, to each his own...

Archived