Jimmy's Egyptian Suit

hideous

Hi guys...I'm new round here and need some help from anyone that knows! I'm doing some research into one of Jimmy's stage outfits - white satin two-piece with Egyptian symbols painted on. Does anyone know anything more about it? When it was worn? Who painted/designed/made it? Photographs?

Any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Veronica

Hi guys...I'm new round here and need some help from anyone that knows! I'm doing some research into one of Jimmy's stage outfits - white satin two-piece with Egyptian symbols painted on. Does anyone know anything more about it? When it was worn? Who painted/designed/made it? Photographs?

Thanks

Veronica

I think what you are talkin bout is called the "Poppy suit". I don't know what suit you've been lookin at, but I don't think there is any egyptian theme to it. Maybe I am on about the wrong suit though.

I think what you are talkin bout is called the "Poppy suit". I don't know what suit you've been lookin at, but I don't think there is any egyptian theme to it. Maybe I am on about the wrong suit though.

Thanks for replying...

It's very similar to the poppy suit - both are white/cream satin and look handpainted, but it's def. not the same one! Having looked for a while there are about ten thousand poppy photos and none of this suit which make me think maybe he never wore it onstage?

Argh!

Thanks for replying...

It's very similar to the poppy suit - both are white/cream satin and look handpainted, but it's def. not the same one! Having looked for a while there are about ten thousand poppy photos and none of this suit which make me think maybe he never wore it onstage?

Argh!

Where have you seen this? A photo? I'd be interested to see a pic of this as I have never known of another suit other than poppy front/ dragon back before

Thanks

Veronica

Hi Veronica! Welcome! :wave: Sorry I don't know anything about JP's outfits.

I believe you may have confused Jimmy's dragon suit with one of Elvis Presley's jumpsuits.

Elvis had many, and The Aztec Sun suit could be mistaken for Egyptian. In his last days he

only had two jumpsuits which still fit, which is a real shame. They have all been preserved.

Archived