TransPerformance Guitars

Cactus

Just going to post this up for anyone who may be interested.

Example

This is a good example of Page using the TransPerformance, at around 3:45

Jimmy explains TransPerformance

Excellent demonstration of the TransPerformance mechanism

Guy in a Dragon Suit plays Zep

Nice. Thanks for the links, Page killed on the Theremin on that Shake My Tree live clip. Holy shit is Page amazing on that thing! As for the other Transperformace clip (great device, wish to hell I had one), the guy in the vid wishes he was Page so badly it's almost comical. I respect it in a way, he's obviously super devoted to Page, who better to have as a guitar hero?

the guy in the vid wishes he was Page so badly it's almost comical. I respect it in a way, he's obviously super devoted to Page, who better to have as a guitar hero?

If it was me I would keep the dragon-suit wearing to the confines of my own home, or the occasional tribute gig.....lol

Did I understand the guys interviewing Jimmy correctly: this guitar can change its own strings?! It's towards the end of the interview: the dude says if you break a string during a performance, the guitar can take the new string and re-calibrate it under its own power.

Did I understand the guys interviewing Jimmy correctly: this guitar can change its own strings?! It's towards the end of the interview: the dude says if you break a string during a performance, the guitar can take the new string and re-calibrate it under its own power.

This video will explain it.

It's a computerised system which can very the tension of the strings, by analysing the frequency each one is producing. Therefore it can keep your guitar in tune all the time, and it can also be used to change tunings at the push of a button, so long as the strings are vibrating, the device can work out what tuning it's in, and very it accordingly.

Archived