Where are they now?

dodge

Jefferson Starship and Quicksilver Messenger Service and Big Brother and the Holding company are doing a 40th anniversery of the Summer Of Love Tour.

My friend Ralph lived a couple doors down from Quicksilver on 18th St. in San Fran. B)

My friend Ralph lived a couple doors down from Quicksilver on 18th St. in San Fran. B)

They had some decent music nothing near Zep standards but still pretty good stuff.I am going to the show . I am a Skynyrd fan and one of the original Honkettes will be singing backup for some local boys the JJ Muggler Band I have to go and show some Southern Rock Support.Heck I might even run into some old friends you never know.

They had some decent music nothing near Zep standards but still pretty good stuff.

Saw 'em a lot at the Avalon and one day saw them in Sausalito playing on the pier.

HEYYYYyyyyyyy Mona!!

:D

I didn't grow up in the 60s (I was born in '62) but I'll never understand those that wish they had grown up then (or the 70s for that matter). So, the music was supposedly good but you would have wanted to grow up during such a time of great social and racial turmoil with people being hosed down in the streets and a war raging in Vietnam? Yeah, some things have changed but some really aren't all that different (especially the war part). I guess I'm just more of the kind of person that prefers to live in the "now" no matter how unpleasant it may seem to some. They're are still many hardships today (and some are getting harder) and despite what some people may believe, there's still plenty of good music to be found.

As for what happened to the hippies, not every one of them grew up to became yuppies and/ or Republicans. That's a load of bullshit. Sure, there's a bunch of so-called "neo-hippies" out there that can be found at Widespread Panic, Allmans Brothers and Ratdog (Bob Weir's current band) concerts but not all of them are hippies, at least not what I would call hippies. Sure, they dress the part but very few of them seem to have anything in common with the type of hippies I was raised around. In that sense, hippies are still very much a part of the landscape but you're not going to always find them at those type of concerts. Many of the ones I know live on the fringes of society, not out in the open. They're still out there, believe me because I know quite a few of them. Republicans and Yuppies, my ass.

I didn't grow up in the 60s (I was born in '62) but I'll never understand those that wish they had grown up then (or the 70s for that matter). So, the music was supposedly good but you would have wanted to grow up during such a time of great social and racial turmoil with people being hosed down in the streets and a war raging in Vietnam? Yeah, some things have changed but some really aren't all that different (especially the war part). I guess I'm just more of the kind of person that prefers to live in the "now" no matter how unpleasant it may seem to some. They're are still many hardships today (and some are getting harder) and despite what some people may be believe, there's still plenty of good music to be found.

As for what happened to the hippies, not every one of them grew up to became yuppies and/ or Republicans. That's a load of bullshit. Sure, there's a bunch of so-called "neo-hippies" out there that can be found at Widespread Panic, Allmans Brothers and Ratdog (Bob Weir's current band) concerts but not all of them are hippies, at least not what I would call hippies. Sure, they dress the part but very few of them seem to have anything in common with the type of hippies I was raised around. In that sense, hippies are still very much a part of the landscape but you're not going to always find them at those type of concerts. Many of the ones I know live on the fringes of society, not out in the open. They're still out there, believe me because I know quite a few of them. Republicans and Yuppies, my ass.

The war and racial stuff all hit me back then when the drugs took over my brain.

Paranoia DID strike deep. :(

Living in the now is fine too.

B)

I didn't grow up in the 60s (I was born in '62) but I'll never understand those that wish they had grown up then (or the 70s for that matter). So, the music was supposedly good but you would have wanted to grow up during such a time of great social and racial turmoil with people being hosed down in the streets and a war raging in Vietnam? Yeah, some things have changed but some really aren't all that different (especially the war part). I guess I'm just more of the kind of person that prefers to live in the "now" no matter how unpleasant it may seem to some. They're are still many hardships today (and some are getting harder) and despite what some people may believe, there's still plenty of good music to be found.

I found out there is no such thing as free love

Archived