Looking For Advice

Hello there! I'm going to quit my current band and I'm thinking about going solo. However, how do you go about hiring and paying musicians for a back-up band? I'm not necessarily in the position to be paying a lot right now. Would it be wise to just start a self-contained group for now?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

one way to do it is to be part of a "scene" you know, one night you back up a few blokes and another they back you up. Also being part of a "scene"(music) is a great way to get good, everybody jamming with everybody else and you get to learn from a lot of peaple. Sometimes it can be hard to get people to see your vision. Hiring musicians for one gig is way cool because you can hire the very best just for one night. The best cats don't really need rehersals, you just kind of look over and say one two three four, and they will follow beutifully. There are a million ways to make it happen the important thing is that you do make it happen. It also helps to be the very best musician you can be, then everybody wants to play with you for free. the way I did was to give the very best cats free studio time and to selflessly support the gigs by not asking to go on stage for a couple numbers but by mixing the gig. Then when it came time for my tunes the cats were ready. I don't know if that helps..................the other thing is when you are truly ready to go solo the cats will be there. If your really good all you need is a bongo player and a tamborine chic to back you up.

Archived