Graveyard

hippiebuss

I keep bringing this thread up again because I am such a "Graveyard" fanatic! LOL! :lol:

Anyway, my "Graveyard" CD arrived yesterday (Saturday, 18th September) at 9:47 AM! LOL! I had just woken up and my mom gave me this package which suspiciously had the shape of a CD case! And I knew that, this was it! I have played that CD 18 times through the itunes software! If only my digi cam was working, I will take a photo of my itunes play list! LOL! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

BUMP!

This little message from Graveyard's facebook page truly made my day! :D

Album update : Our new album is done and it kicks ass. We promise no disappointments. However it will be a little while before it is released, it's the bureaucratic side of things are taking some time. What we can say is that you can expect a small ep late this fall and then the full album early next year.

EDITED TO ADD : I know this is "old" news, but I just had to post the exact statement in the band's own words! ;)

The anticipation is killing me! :D But it's so worth the wait! ;)

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

• 2 months later...

New album is called Hisingen Blues and the release date is March 25th. Single from the album will be released February 18th with the title track as the A side and "Granny & Davis" as the B side which won't appear on the album. And a quote from Graveyard ...YES we will tour all over the map. Europe this spring and the US after the summer.

Track listing:

Side A

01. Ain’t Fit To Live Here

02. No Good, Mr Holden

03. Hisingen Blues

04. Uncomfortably Numb

Side B

01. Buying Truth (Tack & Förlåt)

02. Longing

03. Ungrateful Are The Dead

04. RSS

05. The Siren

^Saw the info about the album release date when I logged in to Facebook this morning! :D I wanted it to post it on here but you beat me to it! :lol: Thanks for posting this and also the names of the tracks! Some of the track names like "Uncomfortably Numb", "Ungrateful Are The Dead" and "The Siren" sound very interesting! I am really excited to be honest! :D But I was under the impression (a couple of months ago) that the 2nd Graveyard album was going to be entirely in Swedish and that I wouldn't be able to understand a damn thing! :unsure: Whew! Good to know that, that in fact, isn't the case! :)

Hope and pray Graveyard does a couple of shows here in New Zealand!

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=152287

GRAVEYARD Signs With NUCLEAR BLAST RECORDS - Jan. 13, 2011

Nuclear Blast Records has announced the signing of the Swedish occult rock outfit GRAVEYARD. The band's new album, "Hisingen Blues", is scheduled for a late March release.

Drawing influences from by all sorts of guitar-driven music, GRAVEYARD delivers it all — along with stunning imagery and a pure, authentic attitude.

Commented Nuclear Blast head of A&R Andy Siry: "We are honored to be working with GRAVEYARD from now on! These guys are the most unique and amazing band the so-called retro rock scene has to offer, although GRAVEYARD are MUCH more than this.

"Keep your caps peeled — GRAVEYARD is upon us. 2011 will be the year of the 'YARD!"

Added the band: "It feels great to work with such experienced and dedicated people as the Nuclear Blast crew. Awesome!! It's a label that's founded by old-school tape traders that obviously are good at what they do, since NB is one of the few big independent labels that manages not only to survive, but to expand in today's difficult music climate."

Graveyard_Hisingen.jpg

Also the 10" vinyl ep of Spiders which the drummer of Graveyard is in will be released at the end of January via Crusher Records.

SPIDERS from Sweden release debut record on 10-inch vinyl by the end of January, 2011. With female lead singer and members from bands like Witchcraft, Graveyard and Madamm you know you’re in for a treat.

SPIDERS mix garage punk and early hard rock with bluesy melodies. The band is fronted by a female lead singer possessing an awesome voice with attitude, reminding of a new Jinx Dawson or Mariska Veres. In addition to that we find the guitarist from Witchcraft, the drummer from Graveyard and the bass player from Midwest in the line-up. SPIDERS’ songs reveal the bands incredible songwriting prowess and the music is full of energy and raw rock riffs.

SPIDERS was formed in Gothenburg in February 2010. A few months later the band appeared at one of Sweden’s most successful music festivals, Way Out West. It was around this time SPIDERS for the first time as a band stepped into the studio with producer Don Ahlsterberg (The Soundtrack of Our Lives, International Noise Conspiracy, Jose Gonzalez) and started recording. Crusher Records now have the very proud honor to present the result: a 10-inch vinyl EP ready to detonate.

sp_single_front.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just bumping this thread up because I want to include the official album trailer for "Hisingen Blues".

I maybe a fan of Graveyard, but I sure dislike that album trailer! It is a bit too weird and creepy for my taste! :unsure:

Yeah the movies by that director Alejandro Jodorowsky by descrptions and youtube trailers seem like too much for me to take. I guess I'll see them eventually too see why it was so praised by John Lennon and Bob Dylan.

You can now pre-order the cd album if you live in the US and world wide too. Shipping is ridiculous so I'll wait for my local record store to buy it (vinyl).

http://store.nuclearblastusa.com/Artist/Graveyard/92364

Edited by Rock N' Rollin' Man

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

http://graveyardmusic.com/s/?p=430

At last the circumstances of life and the music industry has allowed us to return to the land of infinite highways and corrupt bankers. Of mighty nature and excellent thrift stores. Of micro breweries and good Mexican food (which you can’t find in Gothenburg). Yes ladies and gentlemen, the boys in the ‘yard are returning to the US of A in january, 2012. A good way to start the new year and an excuse to get fucked up and enjoy some good rocking music.

With us on our travels across the nation are the very skillful musicians of Radio Moscow. With natural talent and relentless touring they are bound to leave jaws hanging and people wondering what just happened. Blues rock the way it’s meant to be played.

More dates will be posted in a while. There’s obviously a couple of dates on the west coast between Austin and Seattle.

01/12/12 Bowery Ballroom - New York, NY

01/13/12 Middle East - Boston, MA

01/14/12 Northstar Bar - Philadelphia, PA

01/16/12 DC9 - Washington, D.C.

01/17/12 Strange Matter – Richmond, VA

01/19/12 Asheville Music Hall - Asheville, NC

01/20/12 Exit/In - Nashville, TN

01/21/12 Masquerade (Hell Stage) - Atlanta, GA

01/22/12 Hi-Tone Café - Memphis, TN

01/24/12 Fitzgerald’s - Houston, TX

01/25/12 Mohawk - Austin, TX

01/31/12 Doug Fir Lounge - Portland, OR