Bonzo striped kit, anyone know about it?

LizSK2

It's a small question to start a whole new topic on I grant you but I have to know or I'll go mad! This morning in the NME there's a photo of a kit that NME claims was played by Bonzo. I know I've seen it somewhere before, does anyone know when he played it and where? Here's a shot of it from the NME...

2-1.jpg

Any help is much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
It's a small question to start a whole new topic on I grant you but I have to know or I'll go mad! This morning in the NME there's a photo of a kit that NME claims was played by Bonzo. I know I've seen it somewhere before, does anyone know when he played it and where? Here's a shot of it from the NME...

2-1.jpg

Any help is much appreciated!

This is the kit he kept at his house. it was a gift from ludwig....

This is the kit he kept at his house. it was a gift from ludwig....

That's correct!

Bonzo received a batch of around 15 Vistalite drums in 1975, in all different shapes and sizes.

He gave some of the (I'm assuming un-played) drums to journalist Chris Welsh, which eventually ended up in a hire shop in London. These drums went up for sale last year, I think, and these are the drums pictured above.

However, the rest of the batch are presumably still at Bonzo's farm. Photographs suggest that he had a kit set up at home, with a concert tom configuration:

th_Bonzobell1.jpg

• 6 months later...
That's correct!

Bonzo received a batch of around 15 Vistalite drums in 1975, in all different shapes and sizes.

He gave some of the (I'm assuming un-played) drums to journalist Chris Welsh, which eventually ended up in a hire shop in London. These drums went up for sale last year, I think, and these are the drums pictured above.

However, the rest of the batch are presumably still at Bonzo's farm. Photographs suggest that he had a kit set up at home, with a concert tom configuration:

th_Bonzobell1.jpg

Years ago, I recall seeing parts of this kit in a Hard Rock Cafe in either Baltimore or Niagara Falls. Then again it could've been the Rock and Roll Hall Of fame. Can't remember where but I did see I believe just the bass drum.

Coincidentally, I now own the hat that Bonzo's wearing shown in your pic. Check out the pics in the MySpace link in my sig.

Years ago, I recall seeing parts of this kit in a Hard Rock Cafe in either Baltimore or Niagara Falls. Then again it could've been the Rock and Roll Hall Of fame. Can't remember where but I did see I believe just the bass drum.

Coincidentally, I now own the hat that Bonzo's wearing shown in your pic. Check out the pics in the MySpace link in my sig.

That's awesome, how did you obtain it? :gimmefive:

That's awesome, how did you obtain it? :gimmefive:

Hey Riot!

:gimmefive: Back atcha!

I got it from Rick Barrett. You heard of him? Most people here have. Incredibly reputable Zep collector/dealer.

When I get time I wanna put more pics on my MySpace page. Along with the hat, Rick sent me a COA handwritten by Bonzo's late brother, Mick. It was also signed by, Zoe(Bonzo's daughter, Joan(Bonzo's mom), Debbie(Bonzo's sister). Also a pic of them at the actual Zep convention where the hat was originally auctioned off.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived