Latin America Tours

Offo

Hi, my name is Rodolfo and I'm from Ecuador and I'm a really big fan of Led Zeppelin. I know that Latin America is not the place where everybody likes to listen rock, but there are countries like Argentina, Perú, Brazil, Colombia, Chile and where I come from, Ecuador, that have a lot of Led Zeppelin fans (I'm one of them). But I'm not writing this for the educated people who know what music to listen, Ì'm doing this for all the uneducated people that likes to hear the first song that is on the radio and most of the times the music the radio plays are based on latin rythms (salsa, merengue, reggaeton, etc.). That kind of music is just making our people more ignorant, because the people have made a habit of listening just a product, they're not listening art. I've educated myself to follow my own thoughts and take my own decisions, and not to do what everybody else does. Many people like my parents don't understand why I listen the music I listen.....But most of my friends like The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Jim Croce, Eric Clapton and a lot of quality music. I just want to be a step above all the people. So this is it.....it's been a tough job for me writting all this because I don't talk english too well so I did what I could. Just think about coming to Ecuador for your fans and for yourselves.

Any questions, doubts, or messages to my e-mail pleaseofoburbano@hotmail.com

Hi, my name is Rodolfo and I'm from Ecuador and I'm a really big fan of Led Zeppelin. I know that Latin America is not the place where everybody likes to listen rock, but there are countries like Argentina, Perú, Brazil, Colombia, Chile and where I come from, Ecuador, that have a lot of Led Zeppelin fans (I'm one of them). But I'm not writing this for the educated people who know what music to listen, Ì'm doing this for all the uneducated people that likes to hear the first song that is on the radio and most of the times the music the radio plays are based on latin rythms (salsa, merengue, reggaeton, etc.). That kind of music is just making our people more ignorant, because the people have made a habit of listening just a product, they're not listening art. I've educated myself to follow my own thoughts and take my own decisions, and not to do what everybody else does. Many people like my parents don't understand why I listen the music I listen.....But most of my friends like The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Jim Croce, Eric Clapton and a lot of quality music. I just want to be a step above all the people. So this is it.....it's been a tough job for me writting all this because I don't talk english too well so I did what I could. Just think about coming to Ecuador for your fans and for yourselves.

Any questions, doubts, or messages to my e-mail pleaseofoburbano@hotmail.com

Very well said, Rodolfo. :rolleyes:

In fact, when Rock in Rio took place in 1995 (Page & Plant tours also in Buenos Aires), a huge crowd gathered there, so, from that time on, musicians in general and producers in particular, took notice of high audiencies as Latin America concerns...and believe, we are perfectly aware what good music is...that's the reason why I hardly agree with the masas.. :D

A-ramble on, and now's the time, the time is now

The first Rock in Rio took place in January 1985, not in 1995. Page and Plant were here in Brazil for another Rock Festival, Hollywood Rock, in 1996. Plant was solo here for the another edition of Hollywood Rock, in 1994. All rock festivals that ever took place in Brazil were huge events and the audience was fantasic. The Brazilian Led Zeppelin comunity in Orkut has almost 95 000 members. I'd not say rock isn't popular in Brazil. :rolleyes:

The first Rock in Rio took place in January 1985, not in 1995. Page and Plant were here in Brazil for another Rock Festival, Hollywood Rock, in 1996. Plant was solo here for the another edition of Hollywood Rock, in 1994. All rock festivals that ever took place in Brazil were huge events and the audience was fantasic. The Brazilian Led Zeppelin comunity in Orkut has almost 95 000 members. I'd not say rock isn't popular in Brazil. :rolleyes:

Rock Concerts are very huge in Brazil. Zeppelin are big there considering they never played a concert there.Queen are probably bigger in Latin America but they had the advantage of touring the Continent

Archived