Is this really JPJ ?

Hey. I found this on youtube and John Paul Jones is mentioned to play Mandolin/Piano in this clips. Is this really JPJ?? Can't believe...

on Mandolin

on Piano

It sure is him. I assume it's from The Road Home, live mostly acoustic Heart concert. Very good CD.

August 12, 13, 14, 15 & 16 1994

Backstage Theater in Ballard, WA

Jones attends all five of Heart's performances in residency. Produces string and acoustic arrangements, plays mandolin, and performs bass on 'What Is And What Should Never Be'. Rehearals began on July 31st when JPJ brought in four string players and an obe player from the Seattle Symphony Orchestra.

You Tube clips seem to show Howard Leese. I don't think JPJ appeared in the dvd release

'Heart: The Road Home'.

It sure is him. I assume it's from The Road Home, live mostly acoustic Heart concert. Very good CD.

Ummm...no. It's not JPJ in those videos, it's Howard Leese, one of the early (original?) Heart members. It's cool JPJ worked with Heart though. Ann and Nancy rock!

These video clips are from The Moore Theater in Seattle, May 1995. Jones only played at the shows at The Backstage Theater in August 1994.

Jones deserves an arrangement credit for "All I Wanna Do (Is Make Love To You)", however. Totally different from the original version.

Archived