The Real Physical Graffiti

Squeeze My Lemons

p1011498na8.jpg

This is the actual building used for the album art.

I took it while on vacation in NYC.

sorry if this has already been posted

if i lived there, id just HAVE to get a poster of the corresponding pic and cover the window with it. im surprised no one has.

I love that building and the surrounding neighborhood. It was one of my favorite areas of NYC. When I first met my husband, in a music venue in that area of the city, he was working not far from and living in an apartment that was fairly close to the PG building. When I first visited his apartment, PG was one of the albums that he had displayed on his shelves of albums. I always thought it was a bit surreal to walk by that building and then, when I got to his apartment, to see it on the album cover.

I've visited this building 4 times. It is surreal to see it. I have a photo of me on the steps holding the album somewhere.

My friends and I were taking photos in front of hte building and a group of punk rockers came by. They asked if we were taking an album cover photo. We said "No,this IS an album cover photo already" and showed them the album we were holding. They were in awe of it..LOL. Good times. Need to get back there.

IIRC,there's a clothing shop underground within one of the buildings named "Physical Graffiti".

Archived