Summer of Love 7/08

alwizard03

Looks like a great gig! Not many in the crowd though Al?

It was a seafood festival and most of the pictures of the crowd were taken earlier when Muggler was playing and its a Beautiful Day and Quicksilver by the time Big Brother came out it was pretty crowded.

They have all sorts of arts and crafts and multiple stages also they had rides and boating swimming etc.Lots of fun but I never left the stage but once and that was to get my 4 soft shell crabs and liqour.

Also a couple of times to meet some of the Band Members.

I never left the stage but once and that was to get my 4 soft shell crabs and liqour.

Also a couple of times to meet some of the Band Members.

I can't get that first Alien movie out of my head, when I see a soft shell crab. I do hear they are delicious, though...

Have you conversed with Paul Kantner, about the Airplane's past or any reconciling with Jorma and Jack for a chance at even a one-off reunion? It must have meant something to him, to have once been with such a great duo - and these guys are so dedicated to their music?

I can't get that first Alien movie out of my head, when I see a soft shell crab. I do hear they are delicious, though...

Have you conversed with Paul Kantner, about the Airplane's past or any reconciling with Jorma and Jack for a chance at even a one-off reunion? It must have meant something to him, to have once been with such a great duo - and these guys are so dedicated to their music?

Did not talk to Paul at all He rushed in and I left do to another thing I had going on before they finished so no time after the show.I talked to a few of the Band members but there was not a real big

push for a reunion .Grace is pretty much retired some of the others Show up from time to time it is like a Family get along today gone tommorow back next week and the circle continues.They are all fairly nice easy to talk to as I have met them in the past . Rob Espinosa and Kieth Graves and Kacee as well as JO JO Billingsly were all verry nice verry talkative and Kieth actually rounded up everyone from Quicksilver to sign autographs for Me above and beyond.David and Linda LaFlamme were also cool as heck. As for Soft Shell Crab if Alien was made of it I would make Sigourney Weaver look like a big wuss cause I would eat them before they could attack.

Great photos! I really enjoyed reading your story about the event. It sounds like there some fantastic music to benefit a very good cause.

The photo I quoted is beautiful. At first I thought it might be one of you and one of your girlfriends. ;)

I actually went alone everyone I know had to work .It worked out anyway had a good time met some cool people and enjoyed some real good music.If Kacee wanted Me to take Her out I guess I would.

The Lady that was going with Me cancelled as Her Daughter needed Her. Kids come first.

I actually went alone everyone I know had to work .It worked out anyway had a good time met some cool people and enjoyed some real good music.If Kacee wanted Me to take Her out I guess I would.

The Lady that was going with Me cancelled as Her Daughter needed Her. Kids come first.

That's cool. Better to go alone than to miss a good concert. I admire your lady - my kids have always come first too.

Better to go alone than to miss a good concert.

That's for sure. I always put an invite out - even offering to treat, sometimes. But never drag anyone to anything they're not going to get into, or if it interferes with their other plans. There's always plenty of people to meet, and chat about the group or other shows...

Archived