29 Years Ago

Cofa

29 years ago today I was in a field in Hertfordshire waiting expectantly to find out that Led Zeppelin were still the greatest band in the World.... They were!

Every year since I have celebrated that anniversary in some small way. But now I have a new one to celebrate.

Last December 10th I was in The O2 waiting expectantly to find out that Led Zeppelin were the greatest band in the World..... They were that day as well!

Two anniversaries to celebrate now! Yippee!

So how did you get your ticket if you don't mind me asking? One of the lucky lottery winners? Or one of the ones that gambled on E bay?

Official lottery, in what must have been the final allocation of tickets in the first week of December. I had got to the point when I thought all was lost and I wasn't going. Then the e-mail came out of the blue. Nice surprise to say the least!

Knebworth was much easier. Just went down to my local ticket agent. paid my £7.50 and got my ticket.

Iwas at the O2 show too, too bloody young to go to Knebworth (14) but loved them as much at 14 as i do at 43,best night of my life, seriously, the night of December 10th 2007, i won my tickets at the first round of balloted e mails :D

Iwas at the O2 show too, too bloody young to go to Knebworth (14) but loved them as much at 14 as i do at 43,best night of my life, seriously, the night of December 10th 2007, i won my tickets at the first round of balloted e mails :D

Yeah I was only 15 at the time. But managed to convince my Mum to let me go as my older brother was going as well. That extra year must have made the difference? I wouldn't have been allowed to go at 14, older brother or not. You are right the passion is just as strong now as it was then.

I would have given anything to have seen ZEPPELIN at KNEBWORTH on 4 and 11 August 1979. Seeing both shows on DVD, they kicked ass at KNEBWORTH. I do own an original genuine souvenir program from KNEBWORTH 1979 but it was extremely expensive. You are so lucky to have seen them on 10 December 2007, I have a 2-DVD set of that show and it kicks ass! ROCK ON!

I was at Aug 11th gig and i was 14 :D

Archived