the stones thread

Gotta love the Stones!! I have certainly grown up with them. So far, I have Fourty Licks and Sticky Fingers. My older brother has a nice picture book of them that he let me borrow before. I can't remember the name of it, but it had tons of great pics of them throughout the years.

I love the Stones! Obviously Zeppelin is my favorite, but I've actually been a Stones fan longer than I've been a Zep fan (never heard Zeppelin until I started listening to FM radio, never heard them on AM ever, so I was exposed to the Stones first).

I have seen the Rolling Stones 4 times- all excellent shows! I've heard they might tour again late next year, and I will definitely be going! (Unless the same night there happens to be a show by Page/Jones/Bonham/mystery vocalist...)

My current Top 10 Stones favorite song list:

Jumping Jack Flash

Gimme Shelter

Rocks Off

Parachute Woman

Sway

Stray Cat Blues

Gunface

Brown Sugar

Sympathy For The Devil

Love Is Strong

Gotta love the Stones!! I have certainly grown up with them. So far, I have Fourty Licks and Sticky Fingers. My older brother has a nice picture book of them that he let me borrow before. I can't remember the name of it, but it had tons of great pics of them throughout the years.

There are some great photo books out there on The Stones. I used to have quite a few with some fantastic pictures of the Brian Jones era, and lots of rare pics of Anita Pallenberg and Marianne Faithfull.