CONCERT VENUE

Hey just wondering if anyone knows why the O2 arena was selected for the show,surely organisers would have realised the huge demand from fans for tickets,wouldn't it have been better staged at Wembley stadium/Knebworth or similar giving more people a chance to attend,and stop certain lucky people from making huge profits out of a charity event from selling tickets on ebay :angry:

Remember, this isn't just a Led Zeppelin concert, but a tribute. Allegedly it was originally going to be the Royal Albert Hall (about 6,000 seats), and Cream were rumoured to be playing. Since Zeppelin decieded to reform for the event they decided on a bigger venue. Why the O2? Who knows, but someone there pulls the right strings as it attracts big acts.

The purpose of the concert is not to let everyone who wants to see Zeppelin live have the opportunity. Just to play a great show. Whatever venue they decided it would be massively oversubscribed. Speaking as someone who's been to Knebworth a few times, it wouldn't be much fun in December I can tell you!

Hey just wondering if anyone knows why the O2 arena was selected for the show,surely organisers would have realised the huge demand from fans for tickets,wouldn't it have been better staged at Wembley stadium/Knebworth or similar giving more people a chance to attend,and stop certain lucky people from making huge profits out of a charity event from selling tickets on ebay :angry:
I read somewhere that some band members ( i don't know which ones ) were checking out the venue at a Prince show, probably for good acoustics, and getting a "feel" for the place.

Common knowledge that venues have to bid to get the acts in and I expect the highest bidder i.e. the one that asks for less of a take from tickets sales and merchandising etc will get the gig. In this instance the o2 are rumored not be taking anything except the booking fee and concession money. Maybe they thought PG was still in charge!

But don’t knock it - it is by far the best music venue any of you will have been to before!

Sound is great or was for the Foo Fighters last week, choice of bars and restaurants, yes restaurants, not greasy vans - like no where else I’ve been to in the last 30 yrs

i cant wait

But don’t knock it - it is by far the best music venue any of you will have been to before!

Sound is great or was for the Foo Fighters last week, choice of bars and restaurants, yes restaurants, not greasy vans - like no where else I’ve been to in the last 30 yrs

The new Q magazine has an interview with Jimmy who seems quite concerned about the sound at the venue. He's been to quite a few shows ther and said the only one with a decent sound was Elton John. He said it was terrible for the Stones.

The new Q magazine has an interview with Jimmy who seems quite concerned about the sound at the venue. He's been to quite a few shows ther and said the only one with a decent sound was Elton John. He said it was terrible for the Stones.

I’m just saying it is an impressive place and the sound was right on the money, crystal clear for Dave and Co. Besides, as fun as they are live, I’ve not been to a Stones concert that has had good sound! As for Elton John not sure the requirements compare - Candle in the Wind v's When the Levee Breaks.

I've not been to a Stones concert that has had good sound!

I saw them play a soccer stadium in Europe this summer and it was the worst sound I've ever heard. A real echo chamber. Tickets were well over 125 euros. That's going to be my last stadium Stones gig I'm sorry to say. Three years before the fucking B stage

obstructed our view of the main stage -- on two occasions. Yes, they'll always be the Stones but unless it's a club gig I ain't going.

Archived