THE ARCHIES THREAD

EtherealAirship

Alright, we have an OSMOND'S thread, so here's an ARCHIES thread. Did you like their music? Be honest. I still have some records saved (somewhere) that I cut out of the back of Post Alpha-Bits cereal boxes back in the 60's. Hmm...maybe they're worth money now. Nah, probably not.

How's it going "EtherealAirship?" THE TRUTH COMES OUT! I'm really amazed that many of our ZEPPELIN fanatics remember THE OSMONDS, WOW is all I can say. I remember those ARCHIES cut-out records on the back of Post Alpha-Bits cereals.

As for THE ARCHIES, I remember them well. As a kid in the late 1960's and early 1970's, I used to watch THE ARCHIES as well as THE BEATLES, THE OSMONDS, THE JACKSON FIVE, THE PINK PANTHER, JOSIE & THE PUSSYCATS, SCOOBY DOO and DICK DASTARDLY & HIS FLYING MACHINES cartoons on Saturday mornings. I always love THE ARCHIES hit song "Sugar Sugar," it helped me kiss my first girlfriend as a child. (Ha Ha!) I always loved to watch Dick Dastardly and his laughing sidekick Muttley. Muttley, that little f*c*er had a funnier laugh than Bevis & Butthead. Its amazing how music and cartoon memories bring back so many childhood memories. As the late great Bob Hope once said, "THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!" ROCK ON!

Did you get it in the Kissing Booth? :D

http://noolmusic.com/dailymotion_videos/th...r_sugar_fun.php

Those go-go gals have some nice legs!!

What's up "alucard?" Ha Ha, that's a good one! Actually, in 1968, at the age of seven, I had two girlfriends (Puppy Love) that lived next door to each other down the street from my house at the corner named Linda and Laura. Linda was the very first girl that I ever kissed on the lips while listening to "Sugar Sugar" and Laura would be the second. Thank God we weren't older or I would have really been in deep shit huh? In rememberence of Linda and Laura, my parents let me name my sister Linda Laura after them when she was born in March of 1968. Everytime I call my sister Linda, I think of both of them. Years later after I moved back to San Antonio, Texas, I managed to see both of them again and thinking back to our first crush. What's really weird about all of this is that Linda and Laura are cousins. How do I get myself in these situations? Those Go Go Girls in cartoon form even had pretty legs on Saturday mornings. No wonder my mom was always asking me why I was getting up so early on Saturday mornings and not early Monday through Friday to go to school. ROCK ON!

:beer: aahhh yes ..... bubblerock ... (?)

and of course The Honey Monster (and his sidekick henry McGhee) used Sugar Sugar as their sig, as I recall ..... Tell 'em about the honey, mummy !!

(*shudders and cringes*) :rolleyes:

How's it going "TheZeppyWanderer?" I guess some of those shows were good after all huh? ROCK ON!

What's up "alucard?" Ha Ha, that's a good one! Actually, in 1968, at the age of seven, I had two girlfriends (Puppy Love) that lived next door to each other down the street from my house at the corner named Linda and Laura. Linda was the very first girl that I ever kissed on the lips while listening to "Sugar Sugar" and Laura would be the second. Thank God we weren't older or I would have really been in deep shit huh? In rememberence of Linda and Laura, my parents let me name my sister Linda Laura after them when she was born in March of 1968. Everytime I call my sister Linda, I think of both of them. Years later after I moved back to San Antonio, Texas, I managed to see both of them again and thinking back to our first crush. What's really weird about all of this is that Linda and Laura are cousins. How do I get myself in these situations? Those Go Go Girls in cartoon form even had pretty legs on Saturday mornings. No wonder my mom was always asking me why I was getting up so early on Saturday mornings and not early Monday through Friday to go to school. ROCK ON!

Actually, I have to make a correction here since I remembered something. I kissed more girls than I thought. I kissed a girl named Rachel while listening to "Sugar Sugar" and I kissed Linda while listening to "Venus" by Frankie Avalon. Wow, I'm going to have to think about all of the other girls that I kissed while in my childhood. ROCK ON!

Archived