led zep trivia

timbozephead

No fault between us. Don't worry. :toast: (it's non-alcohol since you're still underage :D )

:D That reminds me of a funny story. I was in Mexico one summer, and I would always go down to the pool bar and get a non-alcoholic pina colada. The pool bar was an outdoor bar, so there where birds flying around everywhere. I went to go get another one, then a bird swooped down and gave me a little gift on my nose. Go ahead, laugh. I am. :lol:

Edited by Heartbreaker_Girl

:D That reminds me of a funny story. I was in Mexico one summer, and I would always go down to the pool bar and get a non-alcoholic pina colada. The pool bar was an outdoor bar, so there where birds flying around everywhere. I went to go get another one, then a bird swooped down and gave me a little gift on my nose. Go ahead, laugh. I am. :lol:

That's a good story.

I know how the birds could mess around, I got quite a shock when I was in Venice and the pigeons just would not leave me in peace before I gave them something to eat. :lol:

I'm sorry to hear you've gotten harsh words against you for your nationality :( I never understood why people would act that way.

:console2: Don't be. I can be touchy sometimes but usually I don't regard it as my loss.

And I'm thankful that the love of music has brought me to more loving people. :)

I remember watching a documentary on Freddie years ago, and I'm certain they mentioned that he had roots in India. I could be wrong though since it's been long time when I saw it.

Zanzibar, I'm pretty sure. Talked his family into moving to London when he was a teenager to get closer to the music scene. The rest is history. :D

I thought Freddy Mercury was of Iranian descent. Maybe's he's part Asian as well. Doesn't matter, of course. He was very gifted.

Eh? Iran is in Asia.

His parents lived in Bombay, their ancestry were from Iran/Persia, Freddie himself was born in Zanzibar(Africa).

Zanzibar, I'm pretty sure. Talked his family into moving to London when he was a teenager to get closer to the music scene. The rest is history. :D

...just a little Zep connection........

Rediff (Sun Dec 1 00:10:28 1996 )

Channel [V] Awards Stage darkened and the audience went wild as the legendary duo from Led Zep, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page stepped onto stage, joined by Queen's Roger Taylor on drums, and Remo on guitar. And the minute they struck the first chord, sang the first word, you could feel the energy in the air. The music moved us all the moved us in every way. Their performance of Rock and Roll was, without seeming like I'm gushing, INCREDIBLE, FABULOUS, ELECTRIFYING. When the song ended, the stadium rocked with pleas for just one more song, PLEASE. But, just as quickly and quietly as they came in, they left with only their music ringing in our ears and a memory that will last a lifetime.

http://www.rediff.com/chat/vcomcht2.htm

cva19.jpg

Furthrer Reading: The Parsi Culture, "Freddie's Roots" on verge of Extinction, a very tragic fact....

"the 2001 census put the number of Parsis at just 69,601, which is even less than one per cent of the Indian population.

However, Parsis, have never been more than 115000.

http://news.webindia123.com/news/Articles/...31/1041268.html