Are you ready for HP Half Blood Price Movie 6?

zeptangerine

3rd trailer for Half Blood Prince is here!

Let's hope THIS movie stays by the book. I've been really disappointed in the past with the way the HP screenwriters re-write the books to fit their props. Even though the movie release is 8 months away, I'm getting very anxious. But hey, the trailer looks awesome!!

7834_2XXBUD.gif

snape.gif

3rd trailer for Half Blood Prince is here!

Let's hope THIS movie stays by the book. I've been really disappointed in the past with the way the HP screenwriters re-write the books to fit their props. Even though the movie release is 8 months away, I'm getting very anxious. But hey, the trailer looks awesome!!

7834_2XXBUD.gif

snape.gif

I'm getting a "This video is not available in your country" :rant:

What do you mean by rewriting the books to fit their props? Cuts are inevitable so it must not be the cuts themselves but what/how it was put together that you object to? Some parts did feel as if they lacked continuity in the film adaptations, but overall I think they've done a decent job leaving in the marrow of the story. Some parts even benefit from a good chop, like getting rid of the most of Hagrid with the giants in HP5(?)

Anyway, really looking forward to it

I'm excited; I LOVE Harry Potter! :cheer: I thought the director of the 5th movie did a really good job envisioning the scenes; I felt like he had actually read the books. :)

I liked the Phoenix, too, especially the end with the wizard duels. The directors have done an excellent job on the movies. And the more Lucius close ups, the better! :)

I'm getting a "This video is not available in your country" :rant:

What do you mean by rewriting the books to fit their props? Cuts are inevitable so it must not be the cuts themselves but what/how it was put together that you object to? Some parts did feel as if they lacked continuity in the film adaptations, but overall I think they've done a decent job leaving in the marrow of the story. Some parts even benefit from a good chop, like getting rid of the most of Hagrid with the giants in HP5(?)

Anyway, really looking forward to it

Try the IMDB link and click on Harry Potter trailers on the right side bar.

True- seeing Hagrid and Madame Maxine dealing with giants WAS a good cut choice. But why not carry Dobby through out the rest of the movies? Why handover his role to Neville in both #4 (Gillyweed) and #5 (the Room of Requirement)?

Here's an example of a change of scenery: In HP movie #3, Snape confronts Harry in a hallway over the Marauder's Map. Then Remus just shows up. Dull. In the book, the confontation takes place in Snape's dungeon, and Remus is called through the excellent visual effect of the fireplace. Seeing Remus come through Snape's fireplace in green flames was something I was looking forward to! But in the movie, that whole scene- the tension between Harry and Snape, Snape and Remus, the script unraveling on the map with those hillarious put-downs- was lost in both setting and re-write.

Here's an example of a bad re-write : In HP#4- The screenwriter completely ignored the interrogation of Barty Crouch, which was essential in describing the Dark Lord's comeback. (And why not show the Death Eater's mark on Snape? That was important and would have taken all of 10 seconds!) Grant it Goblet was a long book, but those (and many other) parts shouldn't have been cut out. They could have cut out most of the tween-scenes in Yule Ball for God's sake. My husband (a smart fella) was scratching his head through most of these movies, and I had to stop over and over and explain what the scenes meant relative to the books. (And that's why we have pause on our remotes, right? ) :rolleyes:

Gotta take care of a turkey- but I don't mean HP screenwriters! :D

Try the IMDB link and click on Harry Potter trailers on the right side bar.

True- seeing Hagrid and Madame Maxine dealing with giants WAS a good cut choice. But why not carry Dobby through out the rest of the movies? Why handover his role to Neville in both #4 (Gillyweed) and #5 (the Room of Requirement)?

Here's an example of a change of scenery: In HP movie #3, Snape confronts Harry in a hallway over the Marauder's Map. Then Remus just shows up. Dull. In the book, the confontation takes place in Snape's dungeon, and Remus is called through the excellent visual effect of the fireplace. Seeing Remus come through Snape's fireplace in green flames was something I was looking forward to! But in the movie, that whole scene- the tension between Harry and Snape, Snape and Remus, the script unraveling on the map with those hillarious put-downs- was lost in both setting and re-write.

Here's an example of a bad re-write : In HP#4- The screenwriter completely ignored the interrogation of Barty Crouch, which was essential in describing the Dark Lord's comeback. (And why not show the Death Eater's mark on Snape? That was important and would have taken all of 10 seconds!) Grant it Goblet was a long book, but those (and many other) parts shouldn't have been cut out. They could have cut out most of the tween-scenes in Yule Ball for God's sake. My husband (a smart fella) was scratching his head through most of these movies, and I had to stop over and over and explain what the scenes meant relative to the books. (And that's why we have pause on our remotes, right? ) :rolleyes:

Gotta take care of a turkey- but I don't mean HP screenwriters! :D

Well, holy shit, that's specific, Diehard fan! :notworthy:

To be honest I hadn't noticed those examples where continuity and/or plot /character development were a bit thin, but you just know I'm going to notice them the next time I watch them again.

It's funny how perceptions change, though. I saw the first two films having not read the books and thought the movies were fine. It all made sense. Then I started the books and realized how much was missing. Your example about filling in your hubby with details brings up a good point - the further you delve into the movies, the more you need to read the books. The movies rely on audiences knowing at least the nuts and bolts of the story, but the details are so dense that it's easy to get lost and lose interest because of it. It's part of the dilemma of adapting one art form to another, unsolvable, I suppose, because the motor of a novel is inherently different from that of a film.

Still, Rowling it seems has made sure that what essentially needs to be there. Notice, for example, than Harry's mom is in every flashback/memory sequence of when James, Sirius, Lupin et al attended Hogwarts? Hmmmmm...shhhhhhhhh B)

Happy belated Thanksgiving :)

Well, holy shit, that's specific, Diehard fan! :notworthy:

To be honest I hadn't noticed those examples where continuity and/or plot /character development were a bit thin, but you just know I'm going to notice them the next time I watch them again.

It's funny how perceptions change, though. I saw the first two films having not read the books and thought the movies were fine. It all made sense. Then I started the books and realized how much was missing. Your example about filling in your hubby with details brings up a good point - the further you delve into the movies, the more you need to read the books. The movies rely on audiences knowing at least the nuts and bolts of the story, but the details are so dense that it's easy to get lost and lose interest because of it. It's part of the dilemma of adapting one art form to another, unsolvable, I suppose, because the motor of a novel is inherently different from that of a film.

Still, Rowling it seems has made sure that what essentially needs to be there. Notice, for example, than Harry's mom is in every flashback/memory sequence of when James, Sirius, Lupin et al attended Hogwarts? Hmmmmm...shhhhhhhhh B)

I made the mistake of seeing the movies soon after reading the books- I was beginning to scare myself over how many times I said, "Wait! That part should have been in the movie!" Oh well, I always over analysize everything, why not HP? :D Good point about Lily in the Marauder's flashbacks. Even Remus had a crush on her! Who didn't? (Maybe Lucius, but that's about it.) C'mon HP movies 6, 7.1, 7.2... do it right! make me cry! :tears:

;)

Archived