Did Whitesnake fake it live?

reswati

Hi people,

just returned from the last concert of the recent Whitesnake tour.

Always wanted to see them once, and it has been a mixed feelings experience. What really drew my attention right from the beginning of the concert was that Coverdale's vocal melodies didn't synch up with his mouth movements, I even heard him "sing" without him moving his lips at all!!!!

What also is quite odd is that you could hear him loud and clearly when he was holding his microphone at around his hip-height.

Once home I just wanted to see on the net if somebody else might have noticed this as well, and yes indeed....at more than one gig from this recent tour the same thing got noticed by people who attended shows.

Just wanted to know if anybody else here has noticed the same (I got quite a good look at the show, since I stood second row).

Although I don't accuse Coverdale to have playbacked all through the show I think at least 50 percent of all his vocalisms were faked.

(Haha, maybe Percy was right after all bout Whitefake) :D :D :D

Hi people,

just returned from the last concert of the recent Whitesnake tour.

Always wanted to see them once, and it has been a mixed feelings experience. What really drew my attention right from the beginning of the concert was that Coverdale's vocal melodies didn't synch up with his mouth movements, I even heard him "sing" without him moving his lips at all!!!!

What also is quite odd is that you could hear him loud and clearly when he was holding his microphone at around his hip-height.

Once home I just wanted to see on the net if somebody else might have noticed this as well, and yes indeed....at more than one gig from this recent tour the same thing got noticed by people who attended shows.

Just wanted to know if anybody else here has noticed the same (I got quite a good look at the show, since I stood second row).

Although I don't accuse Coverdale to have playbacked all through the show I think at least 50 percent of all his vocalisms were faked.

(Haha, maybe Percy was right after all bout Whitefake) :D :D :D

Lame.

Archived