Why does HOTH sound Light?

McSeven

Hmmm, yeah, perhaps 'light' makes sense if you just mean a certain light-heartedness, as compared with some of the other albums - although I don't think that's what the thread-starter had in mind. I agree that the blues influence is less in evidence here than on the first albums or Presence - although some people have heard a hellhound on there. :o

Actually I have never liked the most radio-friendly tune on there, D'yer Mak'er - even as a joke I think it just isn't that good. The Crunge I think is slightly better, if hardly one of their more memorable statements. But even at their weakest I find them better than most - and the other six songs on this album are just masterly in my humble opinion. Plus I love the sound on the album. :D

Yes, "bright" is the way to describe it... I always thought it sounded like perfectly toned and polished bells, upbeat and cheery for the most part, and I attach some of the warmest memories of my youth to those tracks. That, along with the springtime release of the album, and the monster tour that marked my first concert put it as one of my fave Zep albums.

Yeah, i know what you mean, it does sound bright and cheery. It was the first zep album I actually bought myself (not my parents buying it for me) and I have always loved it. :D

Archived