XYZ project

A very good friend sent me some discs for Christmas. The first was the cd bootleg of the Ahmett tribute concert which I was fortunate enough to attend. The second is a bunch of studio out takes from throughout Led zeppelins career which I have heard before. The third disk was the one I fliped over. The disc contains four songs one with vocals and three instrumentals. I believe the lineup is Jimmy Page, Chris Squire,Allan White and I don't know who was on keyboards maybe John Paul Jones? and there is no listing of the vocalist. The tracks are amazing and unmistakable guitar sound. I was wondering if anyone else has heard these recordings and if so maybe you could shed some light on the lineup for these sessions. Sounds amazing!

Yes, I have this "boot" or "lost tape" if you will......The disk I have is called "After the Crash" which also features some outtakes and rehearsals from Plant in 85' as well as some Page/Plant 98' stuff. But the XYZ sessions are cool to hear and the vocalist is Chris Squire. It's a three piece of Page, White and Squire. The project didn't last very long due to Page's health at the time. I have an interview somewhere with that particular comment from Squire about Page.

My guess is that Page was still fucked up on drugs and recovering from the death of Bonham. There are three or four tracks from these sessions on the C.D. One managed to make it onto The Firm-Mean Business album a few years later ("Fortune Hunter"), and another tune made it to a future Yes album. It's good stuff. Too bad nothing more came of it.

There is another post ot thread on this topic somewhere else in the forum, but it might be hard to find...Happy New Year - (RH) Mike T.

I heard the final Mind Drive that Yes recorded but here is the demo!

Holy shit, wait until the solos start kicking in around 6:30.

This would have been a kick-ass project.

That was a cool period for Page. He almost sounds like Alex Lifeson then. The whole song is very Rush, actually.

Yes, I have this "boot" or "lost tape" if you will......The disk I have is called "After the Crash" which also features some outtakes and rehearsals from Plant in 85' as well as some Page/Plant 98' stuff. But the XYZ sessions are cool to hear and the vocalist is Chris Squire. It's a three piece of Page, White and Squire. The project didn't last very long due to Page's health at the time. I have an interview somewhere with that particular comment from Squire about Page.

My guess is that Page was still fucked up on drugs and recovering from the death of Bonham. There are three or four tracks from these sessions on the C.D. One managed to make it onto The Firm-Mean Business album a few years later ("Fortune Hunter"), and another tune made it to a future Yes album. It's good stuff. Too bad nothing more came of it.

There is another post ot thread on this topic somewhere else in the forum, but it might be hard to find...Happy New Year - (RH) Mike T.

Thaks for the info! It is really amazing music i wish there was more

Archived