Need help with a trivia question.

Skudz

I heard this question on the radio in New York. Unfortunately I missed the answer.

"Name 2 popular Zeppelin songs in which John Paul Jones sang lead vocals?"

I've searched and can't seem to find the answer. Not even sure if it is a legitimate question.

I heard this question on the radio in New York. Unfortunately I missed the answer.

"Name 2 popular Zeppelin songs in which John Paul Jones sang lead vocals?"

I've searched and can't seem to find the answer. Not even sure if it is a legitimate question.

It's not a legitimate question. JPJ may have sung backup harmonies on a few songs but never lead vocals. He did sing the Sandy Denny part on "Battle Of Evermore" live but that's about as close to "lead" vocals that I know of.

Edit: There IS a rumored,unreleased song that JPJ DID sing lead vocals on called "Lost In Space" but being that it was never released, I doubt the radio even knows about it.

This is like the video rock quiz game where I thought I was going to win big, having identified the ITTOD cover correctly and thus got the Zeppelin questions. But they turned out to be things like: To what band did most of the members previously belong? (I spent ages trying to decide would it be the Band of Joy, the Crawling Kingsnakes, maybe it was a weirdly phrased question and the answer was the New Yardbirds--but the answer was just the Yardbirds. :angry:) Then they wanted to know whether their manager had been a famous wrestler, and I thought, wrestler yes, famous no, so said no and got THAT one wrong. :angry:

You and I should retire from quizzes, Skudz.

El Franko del Toro,

'Lost In Space' and 'St. Tristan's Sword' are both unreleased songs rumored to exist in

the vault, but I've never seen an allegation JPJ is on lead vocals (on either) until now.

Steve,

Yes, I definitely recall reading Robert describing JPJ's attempt at vocals on 'Lost in Space'.

The remark stands out in my mind because it was said in a humorous way-meaning JPJ didn't sing very well-not that the song's existence itself was a joke.

Hope this helps.

El Franko Del Toro

Steve,

Yes, I definitely recall reading Robert describing JPJ's attempt at vocals on 'Lost in Space'.

The remark stands out in my mind because it was said in a humorous way-meaning JPJ didn't sing very well-not that the song's existence itself was a joke.

Hope this helps.

El Franko Del Toro

Dr. Smith !!

How poignant. B)

Very poignant indeed. Although the Dr. Smith in my family is actually my sister..lol

It could have been very pregnant indeed then ! :lol:

Here's a trivial question. I was just listening to the Texas Pop 1969 Festival performance of Led Zeppelin. Now I know Robert sings, "Little Robert Anthony" is sections during "How Many More times", but on this version it sure sounds like he sings Little Robert enemy. I listened about 5 times and each time that's what I heard. It's about 30 seconds into "The Hunter" section maybe 10-11 minutes into the song.

Can anyone confirm this, is that what you hear too ? Put on headphones and listen closely.

It could have been very pregnant indeed then ! :lol:

Here's a trivial question. I was just listening to the Texas Pop 1969 Festival performance of Led Zeppelin. Now I know Robert sings, "Little Robert Anthony" is sections during "How Many More times", but on this version it sure sounds like he sings Little Robert enemy. I listened about 5 times and each time that's what I heard. It's about 30 seconds into "The Hunter" section maybe 10-11 minutes into the song.

Can anyone confirm this, is that what you hear too ? Put on headphones and listen closely.

No, he's just slurring the word.

No, he's just slurring the word.

I would think slurring a word to be an enemy to an immaculately enunciating vocalist such as Robert. The pronunciation police need to investigate. This is a profound mockery of proper English.

A slapping ruler to the hand for that old schoolboy !!!!!!!

I would think slurring a word to be an enemy to an immaculately enunciating vocalist such as Robert. The pronunciation police need to investigate. This is a profound mockery of proper English.

haha robert always had his own way of pronouncing the english language.. on stairway the last part where he goes off and says "our shadows taller than our souls.. souls isnt completely finished by plant but thats his beauty of singing .. i love it when he does that.. he gives u things to think about and he shouldnt be punished haha

2qtidf8.jpg

haha robert always had his own way of pronouncing the english language.. on stairway the last part where he goes off and says "our shadows taller than our souls.. souls isnt completely finished by plant but thats his beauty of singing .. i love it when he does that.. he gives u things to think about and he shouldnt be punished haha

Depends on who dishes out the punishment, don't you think?

zkmy2o.jpg

Archived