Another craigslist Classic

Jahfin

Craigslist is getting popular. I have looked at the job postings and looked for musical instruments on there. No luck yet. My sister sells alot on there.

What!!!!!! Where have you been?

Craigs list, alongside Ebay, is the only reason why all these newspapers are going under. 35% of a paper profit came from the classifieds. The fact most papers are sold less than what cost to make them, its the Ads and classifieds that makes a profit, losing what seems to be 30% of the revenue will kill any sort of business. When you hear that bloggers are the reason why newspaper are going under, thats bullshit. Its the lost of revenue from the classifieds is the cause. Many magizines are hurting due to bloggers, but a magazine is a different animal all together.

What!!!!!! Where have you been?

Craigs list, alongside Ebay, is the only reason why all these newspapers are going under. 35% of a paper profit came from the classifieds. The fact most papers are sold less than what cost to make them, its the Ads and classifieds that makes a profit, losing what seems to be 30% of the revenue will kill any sort of business. When you hear that bloggers are the reason why newspaper are going under, thats bullshit. Its the lost of revenue from the classifieds is the cause. Many magizines are hurting due to bloggers, but a magazine is a different animal all together.

Thank God for ebay and screw the papers, I haven't read a paid newspaper in years.

They keep throwing that piece of one in my yard though, which is great for oil change

clean-ups. Why would I want to buy a local paper from a company out of NY,NY? :slapface:

Yeah really. What is the point of that? While you mention sterio's, the poor bastard that is walking distance from me, I dont know how he stays in business. He has wall to wall used recievers, needs to dust them off. You walk in the door and his two labrador retrievers come runnin after you. Friendly but they could give someone a heart attack.

So you know NOT to drink a wimpy beer. Who wants a LITE beer ? <_<

About the dogs, aren't they a good selling point? A German Shepard might give me a heartattack, not a Lab. BTW, that Lab is chocolate brown, not black, what's up with that ?

I need a good singleplay CD player..not a DVD player. Does he have those ?

Edited by punksandwich

I think he does. Just a matter of going in there and bargaining with him. He is a little older than me. I think he said he saw Led Zepp in Europe way back. Ill go there this week and take a look around. I havent been in there in ages and only once. I kind of feel like if I go in there, I should buy something. I told him Id like a reciever and a good set of speakers. I also want a new 42 inch high definition TV. And a Les Paul. And an acoustic. And a Marshall. And, oh you know. Ill have to go ask:

:santa:

If all his stuff is so dusty, he may only have analog TV's with rabbit ear antenna's. Better check the box before you leave. His place sounds more like a vintage museum than anything, and it sounds like he needs a dustmaid.

Hutch Who !!!!!!!

Oh Id never buy a flat screen HD there. He doesnt have anything new anyway. The only thing Id consider buying from him would be sterio reciever and speakers. Maybe a VHS or a CD player like you mentioned. I dont see alot of customers going in there but I dont watch that often either. I may make him an offer if I see something good?

He's probably using it as a front. Ask him if he has any good drugs next time ? :lol: