Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sathington Willoughby

How Well Can You Hear Audio Quality?

9 posts in this topic

Yep, I picked the lowest quality file with Neil Young, oh well I guess you can't always tell so well...

I have just scored an Arcam irDAC. It brings music to life. I great addition to my hi fi set up. It streams music from Spotify and breathes endless quality.

I have just scored an Arcam irDAC. It brings music to life. I great addition to my hi fi set up. It streams music from Spotify and breathes endless quality.

I've just taken my redundant Arcam Delta 90 to the local recycling centre, must be mad could have got a few bob for it if I could have been bothered to advertise it.

As for the OP, I got five out of six uncompressed WAV files, got the Coldplay one wrong.

Wow not that well apparently.... In a way it is a blessing not worry about the littlest compression or nuance. The last thing i wanna do is analyze everything I listen to...they all sounded the same to me

Edited by ksgemini

Wow not that well apparently.... In a way it is a blessing not worry about the littlest compression or nuance. The last thing i wanna do is analyze everything I listen to...they all sounded the same to me

Yea it's an important discussion to have, not something I lose sleep over though. I suppose you would be able to hear more differences over a longer listen, louder volumes, different equipment, songs/genres you are familiar with, etc. Lots of variables.

Having never had a home stereo system it probably would change my perceptions...I still play the crop circle boxes more than anything

I've just listened to Physical Graffiti on vinyl, then on a remastered CD. The vinyl sounded infinitely better.