Allen Toussaint (famous New Orleans musician) dies of Heart Attack

Rock Historian

Legendary New Orleans R&B musician Allen Toussaint, who penned such classics as "Working in a Coal Mine" and "Lady Marmalade," has passed away at age 77 after suffering a heart attack.

Thanks to the mighty Allen Toussaint for all the music and magic over the years. What a profound influence he had on modern music. One of the great original architects. LBOG is proud to have known and worked with him. And to have always had his songs on our set and records. Here is a shot from a "command performance" of us playing Allen his wonderful "Over You" with fellow disciple Robert Plant at a soundcheck in 2013, while Allen listened from the wings at the Mahalia Jackson Theater. His immaculate catalog of songs and record productions shall live forever.

Lil' Band O' Gold's photo.

Hi RH, My sister called me early this morning to tell me. It saddened me to hear this. My thoughts go out to his family. Another great legend gone.

I have so many great memories of the wonderful music, so much a part of my life. R.I.P.  

I had already left for work when I heard the sad news of Allen Toussaint's passing. Which meant I didn't have any of my Allen Toussaint albums to play at work today. So I improvised with what I had at work to pay musical tribute to the late great Toussaint.

20151110_100324-1.thumb.jpg.055ebedf8b7b

Archived