Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Gregor

What is the real meaning of the name Led Zeppelin?

95 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, KellyGirl said:

^^^
English to Polish and back to English translated into  "Do you like Led Zeppelin? They are a team of horny!" 

 

Strangely  enough they were indeed quite a horny "team".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, reswati said:

Strangely  enough they were indeed quite a horny "team".

Haha I think that kinda goes without saying! :lol:

Translating sites can be great, but at the same time a pain in the ass.  My general statement
containing a few  'F' words and saying how great Led Zeppelin are, along with giving some
typical fan
:cheer:praise to Jimmy - Completely changed my original statement.  All I got back
was a perverted sexual mess. English to Polish and back to English insisted  "The team is horny
and Jimmy is my favourite whore guitarist"  
:wtf:  :huh:NOT at all what I said in English.  

Meh I found it a tad funny though, but some of the pearl clutchers on the board wouldn't.  The
translator needs to figure out how to translate slang.


Soo yeah back to Gregor's breakdown of Led Zeppelin and dinosaurs!!! :banana::D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 8:45 AM, Gregor said:

If you my interpretation does not fit, it is your autonomous decision, I'm all for that, I respect her even more - and accept the message.

Tell me Gregor, what do you actually believe and are saying with all this? Sorry for funning you with Barney the dinosaur, I seriously apologize.

 

But what are you trying to get at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

Tell me Gregor, what do you actually believe and are saying with all this? Sorry for funning you with Barney the dinosaur, I seriously apologize.

 

But what are you trying to get at?

For a more detailed answer, I will still have time, but I will tell you quite frankly that these jokes do not make me great distress. Such comments playful way - if it does not exceed the limit of rudeness, I accept. If I feel that the limit is exceeded in some way, I can counter it. This is what I know and what I present in my blog - is my protective shield. Do you seem aware of that which faith and hope to have all those people affected by my interpretation? My situation in comparison with their effort and dedication is still very comfortable total. Speaking of the blog, if you are not bored to look for him. From tomorrow I will be in it he published content that uniqueness should be interesting enough to agree with them. http://gloriaolivae.pl/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

Tell me Gregor, what do you actually believe and are saying with all this? Sorry for funning you with Barney the dinosaur, I seriously apologize.

 

But what are you trying to get at?

You're never going to get a straight answer, mostly because I don't think there's a rational one to give. 

Reading the blog doesn't help anyone, because it simply makes no sense - there are no explanations, only statements of Gregor's beliefs. 
Despite the obvious translation issues you can get a fair idea of what's being said, and so far we've gone through creation, the dinosaurs and their extinction, the rise of man and now we're heading through The Bible.  Why?  Still haven't figured that out, and Gregor has so far refused to answer that question - except, and I'm paraphrasing, by saying 'hey, I didn't come up with this stuff - it's that band's fault, and I'm just interpreting what they're telling me'. 

I don't think there is a 'why'.

A far as the discussion of the albums goes, typically the blog gives a full lyric of a song, in English (usually with mistakes...), then in Polish (with the awful translation errors) then says some other completely unrelated stuff (that's getting more and more Bible related), and then shows some pictures that don't relate to the song or the other unrelated stuff.  This would actually be fine if there was then some discussion about how or why Gregor came to his conclusion... but still there is no 'why'.

i'm just waiting for the Book of Revelations to turn up, and wondering which album/song it will be glued onto.

Gregor also has the Voynich manuscript all figured out.  Well... he's reckons he's got the pictures all figured out.  Sadly the difficult bit is the text, and he makes no mention of this at all.  So when I say he's got the Voynich manuscript all figured out, I actually mean he hasn't got a clue.  Plenty of theories (about the pictures) but then we've already got tons of theories about what it's about, but still no definitive translation.  And that's kind of the crucial bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woz70, thank you for trying to explain, this stuff is too deep for me.

 

I didn't understand what Gregor was trying to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BledZabbath said:

I didn't understand what Gregor was trying to say.

He's trying to say that being ridiculed doesn't bother him.  He seems to think that his 'interpretation' of the hidden meaning in everything Led Zeppelin produced brings hope and faith to people.  He wants to do the same for you and if you read his blog you will understand and be enlightened.

Frankly, I don't understand what he was trying to say either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BledZabbath said:

Woz70, thank you for trying to explain, this stuff is too deep for me.

 

I didn't understand what Gregor was trying to say.

I also had parts of it translated, first with Google translate, later by some girls from Poland whom I know from work.

According to them this guy is batshit crazy, he might as well relate the discography of any band to baseball, fried chicken, or the evolution of dance routines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, reswati said:

According to them this guy is batshit crazy, he might as well relate the discography of any band to baseball, fried chicken, or the evolution of dance routines.

^^^ this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, woz70 said:
1 minute ago, woz70 said:

^^^ this.


 

The main and fundamental reason why I took up the work of Led Zepp are illustrations album covers, lyrics of their songs, and finally their music itself - the way their arrangement and interpretation. I say that all these elements have a second symbolic significance, similar to that Voynich Manuscript. I'm trying to prove that by works, their creators, camouflaged give us information about everything from the history we know. The creation of our planet, the origin of life, etc, until the time we completely not distant - what will be the next subject of several songs. Next the tracks of the next disc Led Zepp, also has its symbolism, but write about it when the time comes. What Jimmy and the rest of the team did it (assuming that this is my idea of truth) it is the next thing my interpretations explain itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gregor said:

The main and fundamental reason why I took up the work of Led Zepp are illustrations album covers, lyrics of their songs, and finally their music itself - the way their arrangement and interpretation. I say that all these elements have a second symbolic significance, similar to that Voynich Manuscript. I'm trying to prove that by works, their creators, camouflaged give us information about everything from the history we know. The creation of our planet, the origin of life, etc, until the time we completely not distant - what will be the next subject of several songs. Next the tracks of the next disc Led Zepp, also has its symbolism, but write about it when the time comes. What Jimmy and the rest of the team did it (assuming that this is my idea of truth) it is the next thing my interpretations explain itself.

Yes.
I understand that.

I going to keep this really simple:-

WHY do you believe this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gregor said:

The main and fundamental reason why I took up the work of Led Zepp are illustrations album covers, lyrics of their songs, and finally their music itself - the way their arrangement and interpretation. I say that all these elements have a second symbolic significance, similar to that Voynich Manuscript. I'm trying to prove that by works, their creators, camouflaged give us information about everything from the history we know. The creation of our planet, the origin of life, etc, until the time we completely not distant - what will be the next subject of several songs. Next the tracks of the next disc Led Zepp, also has its symbolism, but write about it when the time comes. What Jimmy and the rest of the team did it (assuming that this is my idea of truth) it is the next thing my interpretations explain itself.

We knew already about dinosaurs and the evolution life on this planet before Led Zeppelin, we actually have scientists :D

Just linking A to B does not make C, that's a fallacy just like:

"Every morning when the sun comes up, the rooster crows, hence the sun is rising due to the rooster".

Edited by reswati

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gregor said:

The main and fundamental reason why I took up the work of Led Zepp are illustrations album covers, lyrics of their songs, and finally their music itself - the way their arrangement and interpretation. I say that all these elements have a second symbolic significance, similar to that Voynich Manuscript. I'm trying to prove that by works, their creators, camouflaged give us information about everything from the history we know. The creation of our planet, the origin of life, etc, until the time we completely not distant - what will be the next subject of several songs. Next the tracks of the next disc Led Zepp, also has its symbolism, but write about it when the time comes. What Jimmy and the rest of the team did it (assuming that this is my idea of truth) it is the next thing my interpretations explain itself.

You have offered no proof, only conjecture.  You have not even offered reasons for your conjecture.

reswati has given a perfect example of the circularity of the arguments you have offered:

2 minutes ago, reswati said:

"Every morning when the sun comes up the, rooster crows, hence the sun is rising due to the rooster".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, woz70 said:

You have offered no proof, only conjecture.  You have not even offered reasons for your conjecture.

reswati has given a perfect example of the circularity of the arguments you have offered:

 

OK, give me an example of proof.  What could be evidence for interpretation.  Tell how else besides what I present to you replied to convince you?

Edited by Gregor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gregor said:

OK, give me an example of proof.  What could be evidence for interpretation.  Tell how else besides what I present to you replied to convince you?

Give me one song by Led Zeppelin with the word "Dinosaur" in the lyrics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, reswati said:

Give me one song by Led Zeppelin with the word "Dinosaur" in the lyrics.

5. Heartbreaker

Hey fellas, have you heard the news? You know that Annie's back in town? 
(Biblical origins of the nation), (settlement at the Kaan)

It won't take long just watch and see how the fellas lay their money down. 
(the kingdom of Israel), (division into Israel and Judah)

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago, 
(the kingdom of Judah)

But from her eyes, a different smile like that of one who knows. 
(the fall of Babylon), (Rebuilding of Jerusalem)

 

Well, it's been ten years and maybe more since I first set eyes on you. 
(Hellenistic period), (Roman rule)

The best years of my life gone by, here I am alone and blue. 
(Jewish uprising), (Capture of Jerusalem)

Some people cry and some people die by the wicked ways of love; 
(Masada), (to prohibit the practice of Judaism)

But I'll just keep on rollin' along with the grace of the Lord above. 
(Syria Palestina)

 

People talkin' all around 'bout the way you left me flat, 
(Diaspora)

I don't care what the people say, I know where their jive is at. 
One thing I do have on my mind, if you can clarify please do, 
It's the way you call me by another guy's name when I try to make love to you. 
I try to make love but it ain't no use. 
(Religion, Tradition, Menorah, Shabbat, etc.)
(betwen 3:04 and 8:05 minute) Holocaust

Work so hard I couldn't unwind, get some money saved; 
(Sephardim), (edict of the Alhambra)

Abuse my love a thousand times, however hard I tried. 
(Ashkenazim), (pogroms)

Heartbreaker, your time has come, can't take your evil way; 
(Declaration of Independence), (War of Independence)

Go away, (the peace process)

Heartbreaker. (chosen people)

Edited by Gregor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gregor said:

5. Heartbreaker

Hey fellas, have you heard the news? You know that Annie's back in town? 
(Biblical origins of the nation), (settlement at the Kaan)

It won't take long just watch and see how the fellas lay their money down. 
(the kingdom of Israel), (division into Israel and Judah)

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago, 
(the kingdom of Judah)

But from her eyes, a different smile like that of one who knows. 
(the fall of Babylon), (Rebuilding of Jerusalem)

 

Well, it's been ten years and maybe more since I first set eyes on you. 
(Hellenistic period), (Roman rule)

The best years of my life gone by, here I am alone and blue. 
(Jewish uprising), (Capture of Jerusalem)

Some people cry and some people die by the wicked ways of love; 
(Masada), (to prohibit the practice of Judaism)

But I'll just keep on rollin' along with the grace of the Lord above. 
(Syria Palestina)

 

People talkin' all around 'bout the way you left me flat, 
(Diaspora)

I don't care what the people say, I know where their jive is at. 
One thing I do have on my mind, if you can clarify please do, 
It's the way you call me by another guy's name when I try to make love to you. 
I try to make love but it ain't no use. 
(Religion, Tradition, Menorah, Shabbat, etc.)
(betwen 3:04 and 8:05 minute) Holocaust

Work so hard I couldn't unwind, get some money saved; 
(Sephardim), (edict of the Alhambra)

Abuse my love a thousand times, however hard I tried. 
(Ashkenazim), (pogroms)

Heartbreaker, your time has come, can't take your evil way; 
(Declaration of Independence), (War of Independence)

Go away, (the peace process)

Heartbreaker. (chosen people)

Sorry, I don't see the word Dinosaur in those lyrics, just the ramblings of a religious nutcase.

In fact may I remind you that religious discussions are forbidden on this forum, counts for all of us, including you...no bible lessons here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, reswati said:

Sorry, I don't see the word Dinosaur in those lyrics, just the ramblings of a religious nutcase.

In fact may I remind you that religious discussions are forbidden on this forum, counts for all of us, including you...no bible lessons here.

Therefore, I do not intend to lead a discussion about religion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gregor said:

Therefore, I do not intend to lead a discussion about religion.

Still no lyrics with the word dinosaur in it.....come on, you have 10 albums to choose from.

Neither are there any lyrics with the words caveman, evolution, meteorite, astronaut, mammoth, mammal, prehistoric etc etc.

 

Edited by reswati

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.