BBC Not quite complete sessions

Victor

Hi, don't know if this has been covered? When the BBC sessions were first released I was very excited as I had the bootleg of the 1971 session, so to suddenly hear it as a quality recording was amazing, but I was very disappointed that Communication Breakdown from this concert was not included. When the Complete Sessions was released and included Communication Breakdown - awesome!!! except theres a couple of Robert Plants lines missing. Go to this youtube clip at 3 minutes 

'Feel so baaad you wont like the way I feeel!' sang twice. Its not on the official release! ???

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

Hi, don't know if this has been covered? When the BBC sessions were first released I was very excited as I had the bootleg of the 1971 session, so to suddenly hear it as a quality recording was amazing, but I was very disappointed that Communication Breakdown from this concert was not included. When the Complete Sessions was released and included Communication Breakdown - awesome!!! except theres a couple of Rovert Plants lines missing. Go to this youtube clip at 3 minutes 

'Feel so baaad you wont like the way I feeel!' sang twice. Its not on the official release! ???

Oh no, say it ain't so...

Don't you think you are being just a wee bit nitpickey? They release the song, be happy.

7 hours ago, chef free said:

I was pretty disappointed by the removal of the "It's Your Thing" jam in Communication Breakdown!

Yes well, royalties are a bitch. It always comes down to the money.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎11 at 10:28 PM, The Rover said:

Which is rightfully why the LZ bootleg market will never die, despite all of the "Complete" releases.

"Never" is a bad bet. Sales numbers are down markedly from what they were a decade ago.

• 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:42 AM, Victor said:

Thanks for that...I was beginning to wonder if I'd lost more brain cells and just imagined it all!

Yer Welcome!

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 3:28 AM, The Rover said:

Which is rightfully why the LZ bootleg market will never die, despite all of the "Complete" releases.

Indeed! But the bootleggers don't pay any of the artists behind the musical quotes Jimmy cut out anymore than they pay Zeppelin, the Garden Tapes convinced me to hang on to the bootleg versions as well as JP's original official version. Must get round to buying the "Complete" one sooner or later.

Archived