Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Victor

BBC Not quite complete sessions

Recommended Posts

Hi, don't know if this has been covered? When the BBC sessions were first released I was very excited as I had the bootleg of the 1971 session, so to suddenly hear it as a quality recording was amazing, but I was very disappointed that Communication Breakdown from this concert was not included. When the Complete Sessions was released and included Communication Breakdown - awesome!!! except theres a couple of Robert Plants lines missing. Go to this youtube clip at 3 minutes 

 'Feel so baaad you wont like the way I feeel!' sang twice. Its not on the official release! ???

Edited by Victor
mis-spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Victor said:

Hi, don't know if this has been covered? When the BBC sessions were first released I was very excited as I had the bootleg of the 1971 session, so to suddenly hear it as a quality recording was amazing, but I was very disappointed that Communication Breakdown from this concert was not included. When the Complete Sessions was released and included Communication Breakdown - awesome!!! except theres a couple of Rovert Plants lines missing. Go to this youtube clip at 3 minutes 

 'Feel so baaad you wont like the way I feeel!' sang twice. Its not on the official release! ???

Oh no, say it ain't so...

Don't you think you are being just a wee bit nitpickey? They release the song, be happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes but when you've grown up with it and its one of your fave bits! Yes I demand everything!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was pretty disappointed by the removal of the "It's Your Thing" jam in Communication Breakdown!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chef free said:

I was pretty disappointed by the removal of the "It's Your Thing" jam in Communication Breakdown!

Yes well, royalties are a bitch. It always comes down to the money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Yes well, royalties are a bitch. It always comes down to the money.

Which is rightfully why the LZ bootleg market will never die, despite all of the "Complete" releases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, The Rover said:

Which is rightfully why the LZ bootleg market will never die, despite all of the "Complete" releases.

Yep!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎11 at 10:28 PM, The Rover said:

Which is rightfully why the LZ bootleg market will never die, despite all of the "Complete" releases.

"Never" is a bad bet. Sales numbers are down markedly from what they were a decade ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:42 AM, Victor said:

Thanks for that...I was beginning to wonder if I'd lost more brain cells and just imagined it all!

Yer Welcome!

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 3:28 AM, The Rover said:

Which is rightfully why the LZ bootleg market will never die, despite all of the "Complete" releases.

Indeed! But the bootleggers don't pay any of the artists behind the musical quotes Jimmy cut out anymore than they pay Zeppelin, the Garden Tapes convinced me to hang on to the bootleg versions as well as JP's original official version. Must get round to buying the "Complete" one sooner or later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×