Four Sticks

Kashmir

Blue Jean Baby Jam

In the Evening/Carouselambra

stryder.de

Page & Plant / Cornwall Coliseum, St Austell

Independent, The (London) , Jul 21, 1995 by Nick Coleman

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn41...21/ai_n13995892

I recall singer played acoustic guitar during the opening set. Do not remember his name.

oh well thanks anyway, if you do remember id be interested to know. im trying to list the gigs ive been to! its pretty anorakish but it keeps me out of mischief. i was inspired to do it after seeing zep at the O2, my dream come true!

it wasnt rusted root was it?

No, Rusted Root were an American band who opened dates on the first leg of the North

American tour only. The St. Austell opening act was from the UK. Come to think of it,

may well have been a band called Big Country, who opened the Page/Plant concerts in

Ireland that same month. Originally, I thought there was no opening act in St. Austell,

but the stub jogged my memory and I recalled the singer and an acoustic guitar. I can't

believe that was nearly 15 years ago.

its pretty anorakish but it keeps me out of mischief.

I can relate.

By the way, the Cornwall Coliseum was demolished not long ago. Fortunately, I returned

to document the venue with a camera before it was. I also have some old postcards of Carlyon Bay, which show that old sunken pirate ship on the beach in the foreground and the venue in the background. Pretty cool find. I have the Whole Lotta Love opener on video and someone else was kind enough to send along photos from the gig.

Remember the singles club on the left-hand side of the Coliseum? I think it was called

Gossips. Anyway, when I look at those photos it always reminds me of that brilliant

comic George Carlin who does a skit on singles clubs in one of his HBO specials -- how

they always end in "s": Scamps, Tramps, Singles, Mingles... It's laugh out loud funny.

No, Rusted Root were an American band who opened dates on the first leg of the North

American tour only. The St. Austell opening act was from the UK. Come to think of it,

may well have been a band called Big Country, who opened the Page/Plant concerts in

Ireland that same month. Originally, I thought there was no opening act in St. Austell,

but the stub jogged my memory and I recalled the singer and an acoustic guitar. I can't

believe that was nearly 15 years ago.

ah big country thanks for that, your memorys better than mine! and yeah it was a cracking set that night. the cornwall coliseum usually brought out the best in bands & was quite often the last night of a tour!

ah big country thanks for that, your memorys better than mine! and yeah it was a cracking set that night. the cornwall coliseum usually brought out the best in bands & was quite often the last night of a tour!

I just looked up Big Country to see if I knew any of their songs and not one struck me as familiar. I thought for some reason they had a song of the same name as their band but unless it wasn't listed, I would be confused!

I just looked up Big Country to see if I knew any of their songs and not one struck me as familiar. I thought for some reason they had a song of the same name as their band but unless it wasn't listed, I would be confused!

Yes, Big Country had a hit with 'In A Big Country':

Archived