West Indies test pitches and tour in general.

chimp

as the 5th test peters out, what's the general consensus regarding these boring flat pitches?

teams are able to easily hit 500+, what about the referal system, what a joke that has been especially today, I've had a day off work today and was expecting to see some good play, but it's been pretty poor all day. lets hope the 1 dayers and the 20/20 are better.

Roll on the Ashes series :blink:

Well, we ended 80/3, some vicious bowling at the end, I thought Petersen was gonna get his head knocked off on the last ball of the day. We'll need 200 at least so that we can have a go at them for the last 30 overs or so, but it looks like a draw :rolleyes:

I see that sidebottom is out of the one day series with an achilles problem, ouch.

I've got to go to Manchester tomorrow to do with work so I'll be looking for a TV with skysports to get the end of the match B)

as the 5th test peters out, what's the general consensus regarding these boring flat pitches?

teams are able to easily hit 500+, what about the referal system, what a joke that has been especially today, I've had a day off work today and was expecting to see some good play, but it's been pretty poor all day. lets hope the 1 dayers and the 20/20 are better.

Yeah, I can't wait for Phillip Hughes to unleash against the Poms!

Yeah, I mean lets be honest: Test Matches were never riveting to watch in the first place, but flat pitches really puts the nail in the coffin as far as exciting action goes.

Why flat pitches are supposedly the 'way of the future' for cricket is beyond me, but I guess we can count on the fact that the ICC will do nothing about it, they always seem to resist anything new that's good for cricket and unchallenge anything that's bad.

There's such a contradiction in cricket at the moment with the Sri Lankan team being shot at (and killed) with grave doubts over Pakistan hosting International series, and yet on the other side of the world here you have flat pitches turning the game into bland, boring, summer-afternoon twiddle out on the oval.

Well the 5th test went down to the wire!

I managed to catch the last 2 overs in my hotel room, whilst everybody else in the building were watching Liverpoolv Real in the bar :rolleyes: Mind you this was Manchester Trafford park hotel next to the airport and there were a lot of people about.

I am looking forward to the 20/20 match this Sunday :D

Regarding flat pitches, IMO we ought to bring the groundsman over here to look after the roads :D

Archived