Win Tix from Paolo Nutini

Geez, they sure left this one late!

http://www.paolonutini.com/ledzeppelin/

I do like this young man. Knows his place in the lineup. :)

My family and I had the good fortune (and mileage points) to attend the Montreaux Jazz Festival last year for the special tribute to Ahmet Ertegun. What a great show! Ahmet Ertegun showed obvious pride when introducing Nutini for his first performance under the Atlantic label.

Needless to say, the [then] 17 yr old daughter was thrilled to look at a handsome young man. What stuck with her and her parents was the amazing quality of his voice and OBVIOUS humility.

Nutini has a big voice. During the finale, when everyone was on stage and Kid :rolleyes: Rock kept sidling up to Plant...who then would effortlessly drift away... :lol: [it was hysterical to watch it] Plant went over to Nutini, put his arm around his shoulders and whispered something to him. It was really heartwarming to watch; as without words, the warmth and sincerity of the communication came across the stage and into the audience.

I can only imagine Plant said something to the effect of, "By Thunder lad, you've got the voice...USE IT!" As immediately afterward, one could pick out Nutini's voice from the group.

It was really touching: a moment of kindness from the Golden God of Rock to a capable, yet diffident Prince. :thumbsup:

I'd think that it would be very easy to concentrate on your own performance and not even think to shepherd a noob like Plant did. Not faulting others, just illustrating yet another quality that I believe sets Plant apart from the pack. :hippy:

I have seen him a couple of times and he is a great singer. His band are also top notch, but I assume he wil be singing with the "House Band".

Cheers

Warby

Oh, I hope not. His band is wonderful.

Seen him twice now, too. Once by dumb luck. We were in England this summer, to see Robert & SS, and go on a bit of a Zeppelin trek, and Paolo was playing a show at Glastonbury. Since Glastonbury is semi-close to Stonehenge, where we were going that weekend, we went. Had a blast. Didn't know much about him and was very impressed.

Then, I had to make a trip to the Bay Area and it turned out, they were playing in the City. Had the best time I've had at a concert in years. I think his guitarist was channeling Jimmy, or Jimi, or was inspired by being in San Francisco - anyway, he was going off. I swear Paolo looked at him sideways once or twice, like, who are you and what have you done with my lead guitarist? It was magical.

Hey, maybe I'll win tickets to see Paolo Nutini at the O2 on Monday! Heard he's supporting some band or other... :D I can still make it if they call quick enough!

how we doin zeppelin heads alike, im from glasgow i like paoulo or whatever hes called nutini is the best singer fae scotland period cani wait eh hear him at the o2. since i was jammy wee bastard (so ive been called lol) sitting right up the back of the place thank fuck for big massive screens its goin to be the best gig of the century easy. hope they tour so i can see then wae the white stripes as support. :D:D:D:D:D fantasy grohl white page jpj 2008 if not the zeppelin

Potbound - how lucky you were to have attended that show. Would have loved to have been there. My understanding was that Paolo was intimidated to get onstage with everyone else, feeling he shouldn't be there and Robert encouraged him and said he absolutely should :D:wub:

I think he's a great musician. I'd like to see him in concert if he tours stateside in the near future.

Potbound - how lucky you were to have attended that show. Would have loved to have been there. My understanding was that Paolo was intimidated to get onstage with everyone else, feeling he shouldn't be there and Robert encouraged him and said he absolutely should :D:wub:
Hey! The body language DID tell the story, then. Woot!

I think he's a great musician. I'd like to see him in concert if he tours stateside in the near future.

NineLives!!!! You've missed him. He went up and down the east coast. Bus, the whole enchilada. Played the Ram's Head here in Maryland. Amy Winehouse, another fav, was supposed to tour with him, but other issues prevented that from happening.

I know, I know...one gets wrapped up in a Zeppy/Planty world and everything else is just...not as exciting, or even noticeable.

Hey! The body language DID tell the story, then. Woot!

NineLives!!!! You've missed him. He went up and down the east coast. Bus, the whole enchilada. Played the Ram's Head here in Maryland. Amy Winehouse, another fav, was supposed to tour with him, but other issues prevented that from happening.

I know, I know...one gets wrapped up in a Zeppy/Planty world and everything else is just...not as exciting, or even noticeable.

:boohoo: Dang. Oh well. I'm sure he'll come back at another point in time. :D

Archived