What show is this Zep photo from?

dpat

Notice Bonzo climbing onto his kit ... soon to go "Over The Top" (sorry...) ... what show is this from? The only one I can maybe think of is the infamous one where Zep were on the same bill as Ten Years After & Jeff Beck (and maybe Jethro "Dull" Tull?) and rumored had it that Mr. John Henry was slightly overserved. I also noticed the row of flowers rimming the stage front. BTW, I do NOT know the answer ... sorry.

LedZeppelin79.jpg

Notice Bonzo climbing onto his kit ... soon to go "Over The Top" (sorry...) ... what show is this from? The only one I can maybe think of is the infamous one where Zep were on the same bill as Ten Years After & Jeff Beck (and maybe Jethro "Dull" Tull?) and rumored had it that Mr. John Henry was slightly overserved. I also noticed the row of flowers rimming the stage front. BTW, I do NOT know the answer ... sorry.

LedZeppelin79.jpg

Royal Albert Hall 1969

Royal Albert Hall 1969

Are you sure? As I recall from DVD, Plant had a dark blue shirt on, Page in his checkered sleeveless sweater (sorry, don't know what those are called), and Bonzo was in an A-shirt (a.k.a. wife beater shirt). But I know I'ved seen pics of that flower-lined stage before ...

:Thinking:

Are you sure? As I recall from DVD, Plant had a dark blue shirt on, Page in his checkered sleeveless sweater (sorry, don't know what those are called), and Bonzo was in an A-shirt (a.k.a. wife beater shirt). But I know I'ved seen pics of that flower-lined stage before ...

Under the timeline portion of this website look up June 29 1969...read the description of the show.

The Albert Hall show on the DVD was from the next year, Jan. 9 1970 (Jimmy's birthday).

The Albert Hall show on the DVD was from the next year, Jan. 9 1970 (Jimmy's birthday).

I stand corrected ... thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder if they filmed this?

No, they didn't. It's a shame because the encore for the second show (Long Tall Sally iirc) featured two saxophonists which would be cool to hear since they rarely played with guest artists. Bonzo actually jumps up on his drum kit at the 1970 RAH concert too but that part of the footage didn't make it to the DVD.

Archived