Green Day's Latest Banned From Wal-Mart

What do you think?

I'm not a fan of theirs, just putting it out there for discussion.

Should Wal-Mart dictate the content of the music that they sell, insisting that artists censor their material just to be allowed to be sold in their stores?

If someone is buying their music from Walmart that would be their first problem.

I'm still surprised a band with less than a family image (AC/DC) signed an exclusive deal with them for sales of their album Black Ice. I understand times are tough and the music industry has to try new methods of selling music in the age of the internet download but I never once imagined I'd see a band like AC/DC make such a deal. It just goes to show how bad things have gotten in the music business. Perhaps even stranger is that Best Buy will now be including a section in their stores devoted entirely to vinyl.

The band was on ABC's Good Morning America today and they did bleep out some of the words in their songs, a few words prohibited by the FCC from being broadcasted.

They reminded me a little of The Clash in their performance today. Of course, not much of a comparison, LOL.

If someone is buying their music from Walmart that would be their first problem.

I'm still surprised a band with less than a family image (AC/DC) signed an exclusive deal with them for sales of their album Black Ice. I understand times are tough and the music industry has to try new methods of selling music in the age of the internet download but I never once imagined I'd see a band like AC/DC make such a deal. It just goes to show how bad things have gotten in the music business. Perhaps even stranger is that Best Buy will now be including a section in their stores devoted entirely to vinyl.

LOL. True. So good for Green Day. Our country used to stand for freedom of speech, and artists should be allowed to express themselves any friggen way they please.

Where is Frank Zappa when ya need him? He'd be rollin' in in his grave.

Archived