QUEEN WANTS ADAM LAMBERT AS NEW FRONTMAN!

ZeppFanForever

Yes, but none of the other members of Led Zeppelin and Bad Company were in the band. You can't compare the two when one band just lost a singer and other didn't have two or more of the members from a different band in it.

Should Alice in Chains change their name just because their singer, Layne Staley, died?

Should The Who have changed their name when they added a new bassist and drummer when Enwistle and Moon died?

Would Led Zeppelin have changed their name if they continued without Bonzo?

I thought i explained my position pretty well in a response to Jahfin. To me, it depends on how much fame the band gained with the member who has left. Layne Staley was too popular to "replace". Yes, Alice in Chains should become a new band if they go on with someone new. Is it really so difficult to change the name of a band?Real fans will hear about new projects and follow the remaining members on to new ventures. New fans may even join in.

Led Zeppelin showed the kind of respect i am talking about. They didn't go on without John Bonham, and that was a virtuous decision. Since i would say that Roger Daltrey and Pete Townsend are the most popular of The Who, i would allow them to go on with a new bassist and drummer. I am adamant that a band with a lead singer/frontman who makes that band famous, should not be replaced. Of course, if you asked me if i think The Doors should have replaced Jim Morrision and continued on, i would say yes, lol. :) Did you see when Scott Stapp played with them and covered some of Jim's songs?

Hello again "~tangerine~!" I always hope all is well with you and your family. As I said, you do know your bands and music. Now we're talking about our most favorite band in the whole wide world, THE BEATLES! I can talk about THE BEATLES forever my dear! I also understand what you are saying and it does make sense. I would like to add to your opinion by saying this: THE BEATLES comprise of John Paul George & Ringo. In my opinion, and I may get yelled for this, all four members were not the greatest musicians as far as being the best instumentally in their field. However, all four possessed a very rare gift in their own special way which would be the needed ingredient when joined together with the other three elements and their special unique ingredients. To make it simple, have all four members apart and they are not even close to creating the magic when they were together as members of THE FAB FOUR. However, if you put these four unique elements together, they create magic! THE BEATLES became a worldwide phenomenon that brewed the greatest music ever recorded. when you think about it, their songs sound so basic and simple but in reality, they are extremely complicated in musical chord form. THE BEATLES' accomplishments and achievements speak highly for themselves. In 8 years, THE BEATLES have accomplished and achieved more than ANYBODY! Including ELVIS and MICHAEL JACKSON! THE BEATLES had 28 number 1 hits in 8 years, most bands wouldn't even get close in their whole career. It would take ELVIS even after his death, just to surpass THE BEATLES' 28 number ones. ELVIS, to date, has 30 number one hits! But look how many years it took for ELVIS to achieve that. (No disrespect to ELVIS in any way.) I know that I'm getting carried away but I'll end it this way "~tangerine~:" like you said, Ringo is the most likely member of the four to be replaced. It does sound logical but in my opinion, Ringo was the missing piece of THE BEATLES for a long time until Pete Best was canned and replaced with Ringo. Pete Best was not a polished drummer and he was not the greatest timekeeper in keeping the music harmonizing together perfectly. Ringo did it beautifully and he would lay down the drum patterns and keep perfect timing when bringing the music together. Ringo's drum kit was a very basic and simple one. In my opinion, Ringo was the greatest simplest drummer that ever lived. Ringo's sound completed THE BEATLES! In a way, all four members are irreplaceable! There will NEVER be another BEATLES in this lifetime again. Thanks for listening to me "~tangerine~." I am looking forward to conversing with you more on music. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

Fantastic post ZeppFanForever! I agree 100% with your assessment of the fabulous four bugs from Liverpool, otherwise known as "The Beatles". I totally get your point that alone they weren't the most talented, and together they created magic that will never be replicated in our lifetime, anyway. Funny, because if you now compare their individual talent to another of our favorite bands, Led Zeppelin, well these four men are all absolutely stuffed with talent. And together, they created magic. But the Beatles had a universal appeal. Led Zeppelin appeal to rock n roll lovers!

I was joking around because without Ringo Starr, something would have been lacking. Another thing i always loved about these boys that you don't get from any other band, is their hilarious on screen personalities. All their movies were so funny and entertaining because these guys knew how to have fun and joke around and make fools of themselves even.

Okay, well i'm tired and will stop making sense soon, so i will cut this off now!

and thanks, i hope you and your family are doing well, too!

Fantastic post ZeppFanForever! I agree 100% with your assessment of the fabulous four bugs from Liverpool, otherwise known as "The Beatles". I totally get your point that alone they weren't the most talented, and together they created magic that will never be replicated in our lifetime, anyway. Funny, because if you now compare their individual talent to another of our favorite bands, Led Zeppelin, well these four men are all absolutely stuffed with talent. And together, they created magic. But the Beatles had a universal appeal. Led Zeppelin appeal to rock n roll lovers!

I was joking around because without Ringo Starr, something would have been lacking. Another thing i always loved about these boys that you don't get from any other band, is their hilarious on screen personalities. All their movies were so funny and entertaining because these guys knew how to have fun and joke around and make fools of themselves even.

Okay, well i'm tired and will stop making sense soon, so i will cut this off now!

and thanks, i hope you and your family are doing well, too!

Why hello "~tangerine~!" How are you doing? I always hope the very best for you and your family. "~tangerine~," I don't mean this in a bad way but I never realized how knowledgeable you really are when it comes to music and the bands that created it. I definitely underestimated you but now I look forward to reading your posts because you have blossomed even more with music knowledge. You and I can have a deep talk on THE BEATLES or LED ZEPPELIN anytime you want. I am looking forward to that. Hell, we can even throw in U2 as the icing on the cake as being another deep discussion. Until then, take care and ROCK ON!

Haha if this happens it'll probably suck. I can imagine Adam trying to sing Bohemian Rhapsody... And totally butchering/cheapening it..

How' it going "dharmashark?" Like I said, we'll all just have to wait and see what happens in the coming months ahead! ROCK ON!

Haha if this happens it'll probably suck. I can imagine Adam trying to sing Bohemian Rhapsody... And totally butchering/cheapening it..

Actually, that is what he sang for his Idol audition, and he actually did it pretty well...well enought the judges put him through, and the rest, as they say, is history!

Sharon

Actually, that is what he sang for his Idol audition, and he actually did it pretty well...well enought the judges put him through, and the rest, as they say, is history!

Sharon

How's it going "SourceNRG" A.K.A. Sharon? I hope all is well with you and your family. Great point! I couldn't have said it better myself! ROCK ON!

How's it going "SourceNRG" A.K.A. Sharon? I hope all is well with you and your family. Great point! I couldn't have said it better myself! ROCK ON!

Hi ZFF!!!

I will be interested to continue to follow this!! :) I saw a recent interview with Adam (think it was done by Fox?)....he really kind of shut down all the rumors about Queen, and is well aware of all the hooplah. I mean he did say that he had talked a bit with Brian May, but there certainly aren't any concrete plans in place. Sounds more at this point that he wants to do his own record.

ZFF--I always enjoy your posts, and your enthusiasm on these boards!!! :)

Sharon

Hi ZFF!!!

I will be interested to continue to follow this!! :) I saw a recent interview with Adam (think it was done by Fox?)....he really kind of shut down all the rumors about Queen, and is well aware of all the hooplah. I mean he did say that he had talked a bit with Brian May, but there certainly aren't any concrete plans in place. Sounds more at this point that he wants to do his own record.

ZFF--I always enjoy your posts, and your enthusiasm on these boards!!! :)

Sharon

How's it going "SourceNRG" A.K.A. Sharon? Then again, there are other websites that are saying that Adam Lambert is not allowed to discuss anything about his future career plans until his obligations with the American Idol Tour are over. We'll just have to wait and see what happens then. ROCK ON!

Why hello "~tangerine~!" How are you doing? I always hope the very best for you and your family. "~tangerine~," I don't mean this in a bad way but I never realized how knowledgeable you really are when it comes to music and the bands that created it. I definitely underestimated you but now I look forward to reading your posts because you have blossomed even more with music knowledge. You and I can have a deep talk on THE BEATLES or LED ZEPPELIN anytime you want. I am looking forward to that. Hell, we can even throw in U2 as the icing on the cake as being another deep discussion. Until then, take care and ROCK ON!

Hi ZeppFanForever, i hope you are doing well :) I actually used to know much more about music than i can remember. In my teens i was sort of a music trivia buff. I always wanted to know the lyrics to all the songs i listened to, and the band members names and anything personal about them i could find out. Back then material was harder to find (late 70's) without cable tv and internet.... i bought many books and all the rock magazines i could find. I still have quite a collection of Circus, Rolling Stone, etc... from way back. One of my favorite books was one from the Beatles (Illustrated lyrcis) with lots of songs/lyrics and really cool pictures. I lost my original copy, but purchased another one many years ago. Hammer of the Gods was my first Zep book.... so that was my Led Zeppelin education back then. My first serious boyfriend was a music freak so i learned alot from him and with him. Anyway, i know quite a bit about the music i love! My younger sister still calls me up at any random time with questions, lol. I also played a great game of the MTV show Rock n Roll Jeopardy. I doubt i have your knowledge base though, B)

Hi ZeppFanForever, i hope you are doing well :) I actually used to know much more about music than i can remember. In my teens i was sort of a music trivia buff. I always wanted to know the lyrics to all the songs i listened to, and the band members names and anything personal about them i could find out. Back then material was harder to find (late 70's) without cable tv and internet.... i bought many books and all the rock magazines i could find. I still have quite a collection of Circus, Rolling Stone, etc... from way back. One of my favorite books was one from the Beatles (Illustrated lyrcis) with lots of songs/lyrics and really cool pictures. I lost my original copy, but purchased another one many years ago. Hammer of the Gods was my first Zep book.... so that was my Led Zeppelin education back then. My first serious boyfriend was a music freak so i learned alot from him and with him. Anyway, i know quite a bit about the music i love! My younger sister still calls me up at any random time with questions, lol. I also played a great game of the MTV show Rock n Roll Jeopardy. I doubt i have your knowledge base though, B)

How's it going "~tangerine~?" I still wouldn't underestimate you though, you can hold your own extremely well! You still impress me in reference to your knowledge about THE BEATLES, I am still looking forward to a deep conversation with you on this band as well as LED ZEPPELIN and U2 or any other band that you may prefer to discuss. In the mean time, take care, say hi to your family and ROCK ON!

Archived