1977 No Quarter

After listening to 4-28-77 NQ, I think it compares to 6-23-77. Does anyone else enjoy bonham and jpj goin at it like i did?

You mean a Jam with only Jones & Bonham, usually before Page comes in?

Yes, those are fantastic, they where brilliant in 1975 so check them out.

And for 1977 check out the first night at Chicago, they actually do quite some jamming without Page!

The snow jobs version from '75 is awesome, as well as the Earls court versions. I like the 25th the best myself. Also 3-14-75 (Conspiracy theory) is a great version, clocks in at 31 mins.

I find 03-27-75 to be the best behind the better 77 ones.

Best Piano Jam for any NQ ever, much of which is with Bonzo. Since hearing 03-05-75 the piano has been my favorite part of NQ, especially like how JPJ teases/builds up a melody he is about to go into (or sometimes not) and in 03-27 he does a ton of it, sometimes even two at once.

As far as 04-28 being as good as 06-23, I will have to review again, but I imagine 06-23 will just have all I like in longer and better form.

Yea right before page.

What one's from 75 stand out. I have listened to many from that year but havent found any one's that stood out like the 77 ones.

ps ill have a look at the chicago one.

The ones from 75 are really a lot better than the ones from 77. Check out all the LA run ones (March 24th is especially great), but you shall be satisfied with any from the better shows that year.

Archived