Zep backing tracks

danelectro

I searched here and I couldn't find anything. Is there a backing tracks thread or does anyone have any Zep BT's to share. I know about the sites like guitarbt.com and a few others and I have a few crummy cd-r's I bought from a shady vendor on eBay. Neither have many useable tracks. The big problem is most have some guitar on it or have horrid midi drums. I have a few really good ones, a Moby Dick played by a real band, drum solo and all and a few others. It seems BT's are bigger in the UK than here in the US. I'd really like to find a BT for Ten Years Gone.

I bought a 3 disc set from a seller online and it came in the mail Sat. It's hit or miss but does have a few choice bt's. Some are actual Zep tracks where someone with a decent digital multitrack was able to suppress Jimmy's guitar tracks down far enough that all that is left is the other 3. A few others are Line 6 Guitar Port Online type of tracks i.e. real musicians with imitation Plant vox. Those would be great if the vocals could be removed. Some of the digital intrument tracks are useable for practice or to play along with to entertain friends at BBQ's but that's about it. Digital drums are typically pretty bad, horrid sounding cymbal crashes with no decay and odd tom sounds.

I'll start a soundclick account and upload a few if anyone is interested. Though it will take me a few days, I have a lot on my schedule this week.

I'll upload the real Zep tracks for sure, those will be fun to along with. When Line 6 Guitar Port first came out their pitch was they had real Hendrix tracks with Jimi's parts removed to play along to. I thought that was pretty freakin' cool. Sadly the few Hendrix tracks they offered where the only ones like that, the rest were performed by the studio musicians they hired. I'd be a backing track nut if more artists allowed bt's like the Hendrix tracks. Something like TSRTS guitar play-a-long with no guitar would be the bee's knee's.

Since I have no desire to be in a band or deal with craigslist flakes looking to jam backing tracks are pretty much my only outlet for playing with "other" musicians. Well besides the occasional blues jam at a local bar.

I'll upload the real Zep tracks for sure, those will be fun to along with. When Line 6 Guitar Port first came out their pitch was they had real Hendrix tracks with Jimi's parts removed to play along to. I thought that was pretty freakin' cool. Sadly the few Hendrix tracks they offered where the only ones like that, the rest were performed by the studio musicians they hired. I'd be a backing track nut if more artists allowed bt's like the Hendrix tracks. Something like TSRTS guitar play-a-long with no guitar would be the bee's knee's.

Since I have no desire to be in a band or deal with craigslist flakes looking to jam backing tracks are pretty much my only outlet for playing with "other" musicians. Well besides the occasional blues jam at a local bar.

sweet yea those zep tracks would be verry useful.. where would u post them?

i just thought of something.... on alot of tracks the guitar will be on only one speaker/headphone, so you could just use only the headphone that its not on... if ur using headphones that is... doesnt work for all of them but i know several that the guitar is mainly or exclusively on the left side..

thanks richard!

Archived