Lucky Brother, Lucky Me!

redrum

My brother Glenn called the other day from Willits, CA and he told me he was at the thrift store and saw a camera and lenses in a bag for $6.50. He looked inside and saw NIKON, grabbed the bag, paid for it and got the hell out of there. Come to find it was a 1977 Nikon F-2 with a 70-210 AF Nikkor zoom, 85mm Nikkor telephoto, and a Vivitar 28mm wide angle. When he told me this I said he hit the jackpot. He said they all look like new. I just can't believe that someone would donate them and also that the thrift store didn't realize the value. :slapface: I'm estimating it's all probably worth close to $1,000. But he doesn't really want to mess with it and he agreed to sell me the body and the 85mm for $200. :) I told him to sell the other lenses, especially the zoom which he could probably get at least $300+ for it.

So I should be receiving the camera next week and it will add to my collection as I still shoot film and the F-2 to me is like a Rolls Royce of the camera world.

:):):)

That's awesome, Redrum!

I'm so jealous! That's really, really cool! Seriously!

I've still got ONE working film SLR, but I haven't used it in a long time because it's not a great one--too automatic, you see. ;)

I used to have a Pentax Spotmatic that I LOVED. It broke, and they couldn't find the parts anywhere to fix it. I was saw to say the least. I'm sure that someday I can find the parts again.

So, you ever seen the Antiques Road Show on PBS? There have been a bunch of people on that show that have said ... "It's worth how much?" It's fun to watch the reaction's on some of the folk's face's.

I know - some of the things that garner a lot of money I keep thinking, why can't I have something like that in my house :lol:

That's awesome, Redrum!

I'm so jealous! That's really, really cool! Seriously!

I've still got ONE working film SLR, but I haven't used it in a long time because it's not a great one--too automatic, you see. ;)

I used to have a Pentax Spotmatic that I LOVED. It broke, and they couldn't find the parts anywhere to fix it. I was saw to say the least. I'm sure that someday I can find the parts again.

It should be here any day now. I'm painting my landlady's house right now and I'm constantly watching the mail box. (We live right next to each other) :) I know about the Spotmatic. Great cameras and I hope someday you can get it fixed. I'm sure there's someone on the web you can find.

So, you ever seen the Antiques Road Show on PBS? There have been a bunch of people on that show that have said ... "It's worth how much?" It's fun to watch the reaction's on some of the folk's face's.

They're not quite antiques, but the scenario is the same. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I received the camera and 85mm lens on Wednesday and they're in great shape. The body is a 1977 and now I have to find an instruction book as it's got some things on it that I don't even know what they're for. So in goes the Kodachrome.

Kodak done took my Kodachrome away. :(:angry:

Archived